Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FJ Cruiser 2011

My Power Steering line got punctured and when I looked under the engine where the line is at the lowest point, I could bet that there used to be a plate or plates that cover the underside of the engine partially, I do not see them anymore.

As a result, I think that is why the power steering got punctured, it is fixed now, the mechanic spliced it to fix it.

I am also noticing that when I go about 40+ MPH, a "humming" sound starts, even after let the foot off the pedal. and it goes away when the speed goes down to about 30, it is hard to determine where the sound its coming from, because it only happens while moving.

The sound I hear, is more like the wind is hitting a part underneath the engine.

1. What are the names of the plates or part numbers?, so I could buy them.
2. Is that something I can do myself?
3. Any ideas about the humming sound or tricks to investigate where is coming from?
4. Any experiences or tutorials about how to get it done?
5. Best place to order.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Here is info about the moldings around the windshield

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a good video on You Tube called "How to find noises in your car" by a well -known internet mechanic. He uses a wireless device to pinpoint sounds. If I remember you can purchase on Amazon. I have never used one personally nor do I know the cost. Maybe a good place to start if you want to DIY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts