1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Hmmm - it appears to be a one-off custom tube bumper to me.

-

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure if is metal tech because it has 2 top crossbars that come up to bottom of the bezel...I could be wrong..basically that dealership has offered to trade my oem bumper for that one...trying to figure out if I should....watta yall think....a straight trade at that

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool...will do..I need to see if I will be able to mount a winch-mount on it

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I know this is a bit off topic, but have you noticed how poorly dealerships detail cars anymore?

I remember back some years ago, when you bought a car, you could eat off of it. When we bought my wife's brand new HHR SS, they didn't detail it at all. Even with my FJ the only gave it a once over and put that damn clear jelly on the tires.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I'm not sure if is metal tech because it has 2 top crossbars that come up to bottom of the bezel...I could be wrong..basically that dealership has offered to trade my oem bumper for that one...trying to figure out if I should....watta yall think....a straight trade at that
Heck yeah, I'd pull the trigger on that before they change their mind.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats what I was thinking...since I missed the MT group buy..ill jump on this

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know this is a bit off topic, but have you noticed how poorly dealerships detail cars anymore?

I remember back some years ago, when you bought a car, you could eat off of it. When we bought my wife's brand new HHR SS, they didn't detail it at all. Even with my FJ the only gave it a once over and put that damn clear jelly on the tires.
Yep, they send it through a Hanna car wash and throw you the keys..good ol days are gone

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They will prob want silver wings on my bumper to match their FJ, I have a TT so anyone looking for my black bumper wings

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
maybe put up a for sale thread so you can get a couple of bucks for those wings ;)

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe put up a for sale thread so you can get a couple of bucks for those wings ;)
That would work or maybe I could initiate a trade, or maybe toyota won't care

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
i could send you my wings... a trade???

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I'm confused. Are you going to buy the truck, or try to buy the bumper? They will sell you the bumper off of it? If so, how much? I mean, did you just walk in and say "hey, can I buy the bumper off that FJ out there?"

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pretty much, I was at toyota getting my undercoat, waiting on my FJ and I asked if they would trade my oem bumper (the bumper currently on my FJ) for the bumper on that VD blue FJ on their lot... I left my number and they called the next day and said we will do a straight trade, bumper for bumper, so the one on their lot will be more oem and they think it would sell easier.

Quack, let me figure out the plan first and I will let you know

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
they called the next day and said we will do a straight trade, bumper for bumper, so the one on their lot will be more oem and they think it would sell easier.
That's crazy!

Uh, we'll just trade this expensive tube bumper (is that actually a knock-off or an old version?) for your practically worthless stock bumper, and let's call it even! Too bad it doesn't have a lift and rims...you'd be set!

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if it was hampering the sale of it. Here in my area we get excited when we don't see a middle-aged housewife at the wheel of an FJ...

Saw a guy the other day, but I'm pretty sure it belonged to the wife...had the big soccer ball sticker on the back...

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Pretty much, I was at toyota getting my undercoat, waiting on my FJ and I asked if they would trade my oem bumper (the bumper currently on my FJ) for the bumper on that VD blue FJ on their lot... I left my number and they called the next day and said we will do a straight trade, bumper for bumper, so the one on their lot will be more oem and they think it would sell easier.

Quack, let me figure out the plan first and I will let you know
If they are so anxious to make the deal, see if they will handle the unistall/install on both as well. :bigthumb:

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
No kidding. It's not like it's velcro'd on there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts