Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Titanium Metallic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Voodoo Blue

Votes: 4 8.2%

What Color is your FJ?

35K views 134 replies 95 participants last post by  pbunyon 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of purchasing an FJ, but I just don't know what color I'm going to end up with!!! I want a Black, White or SandStorm, but maybe Yellow! But I wonder if Yellow is way to BRIGHT?? If I do end up buying a Yellow FJ, I thought about painting the roof top and hood BLACK....

Do you like the color of your FJ?
Show pics of before and after if you decided to paint your FJ, if you didn't like the original color....

Thank you for any feedback you might have....

#6 · (Edited)
With all due respect to those who chose other colors I love mine in Army Green. You will never lose it in a parking lot and the way it looks is why I call it "an urban and rural assault vehicle" in my signature.

It looks absolutely sick when parked next to other similar vehicles.

IMHO Army Green is the most badass color of all. If you want to convey a different image all of the FJ colors are great.

Whatever you do don't repaint the thing. It has one of the best paint jobs Toyota ever managed.

I haven't waxed mine in two years, and after washing and spending five minutes with Meguire's spray detailer it looks like it just drove off the dealer's lot.

I wish I could say the same thing about the 3 Lexus's I have owned.

#7 ·
I had the same dilemma... started off looking for Iceberg but I like the contrast roof which you don't get with Iceberg....then Sandstorm...ended up with Cement. But I love the Sun Fusion and if that had been still available I'd have gone for it. There are a few on here with the roof black and it looks even better IMO.

But if you're buying a used vehicle then go with the best vehicle for the best deal, so long as you don't hate the colour of course, don't get a worse deal just to get the colour.

#8 · (Edited)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

x3!:smile:smile

What Zero'sFJ said!

Reactions: LealFj
#9 ·
Originally I wanted white, burgundy, or brick. I ended getting Sandstorm after a year of waiting for the perfect one to come along. I couldn't be happier with my decision though! It's a color that looks awesome both dirty and clean :grin
I wanted to black out the roof originally, but after thinking about it, I like the more classic look a Sandstorm FJ has with a white roof. Good luck in your search!

#14 ·
Black shows the dust & dirt, as well as scratches & dings.
Don't paint the roof - it is white for good reason, which you'll appreciate in Texas :)

#16 ·
Cement hides the dust and light dirt well for everyday driving. ;) Also, like army green, it can look pretty tactical if you go that route. lol

Though all the colors look pretty good once you start modding. Magma looks really cool with black accents and roof too.

#22 ·
I am partial to the solid colors, like TT's, TRDSE's and Icebergs.
There have been so many nice colors since they came out in 2006.
That said, I like the RRTT and TTUE pretty well, ....alot,.....a bunch,...a good bit,...maybe more than a bit,.......more like a whole bunch,!
But, they all look good, real good!!
Just saying.......gm

Attachments

#23 ·
kinda partial to RR, and Cement Gray TTs, myself ... if I remember correctly RR is the only TT colour not offered on FJC's the following year ...

#24 ·
Army Green and Magma.

Attachments

#25 ·
The only two colors I stood away from were plumb and black and only because I have owned two land rover's in those colors. Mine is sun fusion I love the color the only issue is there seems to be allot of them around town. I don't see to many on the trail though. Keep the roof white it helps keep the vehicle cool just put your hand on a black roof and a white roof.

Attachments

#27 ·
Mine is a 2008 Brick Red. Still stock because I just got mine a couple of months ago. This wasn't my preferred color but couldn't pass this one up, very low miles. Only 46k. But my favorite color on the FJ is the Army Green, followed by the Cement Gray and Radiant Red. I also like the Black Cherry but I wanted to avoid the 2007s due to the fender bulge issues.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.