Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2630 Posts

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,447 Posts
Looks like you and me are both going to be doing a rack install next week...my Front Runner arrives from South Africa tomorrow
Very nice! Front runner is a sweet unit.

Yea I’m getting ready for a full strip of the interior so I can sound proof and install another ScanStrut in the rear adding new wiring as I go for rooftop lighting and a future HAM antenna.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats Thorn. What type of ladder did it end up being? I asked. Never got a response other than it is not a ladder. It is whole roof rack. Explained I knew that, but would prefer the driver's side ladder over spare. I had offered to pick it up in person to save on shipping for them and a little more off for me. Pretty sure they got it for a big discount or free and shipped to you through their business. All great and well as long as everyone is happy, but they didn't like my tone.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,447 Posts
Congrats Thorn. What type of ladder did it end up being? I asked. Never got a response other than it is not a ladder. It is whole roof rack. Explained I knew that, but would prefer the driver's side ladder over spare. I had offered to pick it up in person to save on shipping for them and a little more off for me. Pretty sure they got it for a big discount or free and shipped to you through their business. All great and well as long as everyone is happy, but they didn't like my tone.
Hell I don’t even know! I can’t use the ladder system anyway with my swing out so it really didn’t factor in. Gobi offers free shipping on their racks right now so I was just looking for some savings which was enough to justify the purchase. In other words all’s i needed was a reason! :bandit:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Front links and steering . King coil overs . Also another new rear axle since I don’t want Iconic to feel alone .So I got a ECGS 60 . And since I need some more room for parts. I bought a new house that has enough room . This should keep me busy for a little bit

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Front links and steering . King coil overs . Also another new rear axle since I don’t want Iconic to feel alone .So I got a ECGS 60 . And since I need some more room for parts. I bought a new house that has enough room . This should keep me busy for a little bit
LC is growing all up !!!
Smiling,
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,070 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
5,577 Posts
Time to start shedding some weight topside. Been wanting to grab one of these for awhile now and thanks to Chitown I saved a few coins. It’s a Gobi stealth with air dam and ladder, I’m REALLY looking forward to the air dam so I can cut that blasted wind noise down. This’ll shed about 68 pounds off the roof and I’ll probably lose the hi-lift too for another 45 pounds.

Just gotta get some custom mounts for the Alu-cab awning and I’ll be set.
I just gave away one of those ladders a while back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thorn. If it is the Driver's side over the spare I would be interested. Bring your cost down a little more. You can PM me or post here and I will check periodically. Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a winch today. Just started feeling wrong working at a shop that sells winches and not having a working winch.

The FJ has gotten some love this summer. ARB twin compressor, Dometic Fridge, Alu-Cab tent on a custom roof rack, some rear lighting additions and re-locates, front pads and rotors, and now a winch and probably swapping out the ARB fogs in the bull bar for some VisionX lights.

·
A-Team Moderator
7,960 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts

·
Desert Moderator
5,610 Posts
A 30" Diode Dynamics light bar (white, Driving pattern) to go with my 2 x 6" DD flood bars.
It's shipped so I probably should start on my planned rewiring project...

·
Registered
148 Posts
A 30" Diode Dynamics light bar (white, Driving pattern) to go with my 2 x 6" DD flood bars.
It's shipped so I probably should start on my planned rewiring project...

How do you like there lights? They seem very economical based on my perception of their brand quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2461 - 2480 of 2630 Posts