Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 3079 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Flex a lite fan kit. I like the solid shroud this provides. Better than the hacked junkyard Ford Taurus efans we used in the past. At least this bolts to stock points but the shroud is somewhat smaller. Let's hope there's no do over lol. Comes with a temp sensitive controller as well.

View attachment 1118052 View attachment 1118053
Interested to see what kinda temps you get with this. I’d love to get rid of the clutch fan with a Egan system that works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
Did you get yours installed? I'm totally underwhelmed. I thought these were supposed to be loud. At best, they're the same as OEM; the stock horn might actually be louder :mad:

I powered them using the stock wiring though. Maybe they need more current? I'll find some time to wire them direct using the supplied relay.

Dan
Check wiring and see if you missed somethin. The hello supertones are LOUD.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Damn that’s cheap!!! Where’d you get them at? Might as well get some for the Camry
It was a woot.com deal.As I said after installation, they’re underwhelming. Someone suggested they might be counterfeit. I’ll hopefully be looking into it next week.
I figured they were cheap enough to be worth the risk
Dan

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,561 Posts
Did you get yours installed? I'm totally underwhelmed. I thought these were supposed to be loud. At best, they're the same as OEM; the stock horn might actually be louder :mad:

I powered them using the stock wiring though. Maybe they need more current? I'll find some time to wire them direct using the supplied relay. ?‍♀

Dan
You’d be better off running them through a relay, they draw more than the stock horn. Use the stock wiring as the ‘switch’ for the relay and run another live from the battery. I fitted Sharptones and they are much louder than stock

·
Registered
894 Posts
You’d be better off running them through a relay, they draw more than the stock horn. Use the stock wiring as the ‘switch’ for the relay and run another live from the battery. I fitted Sharptones and they are much louder than stock
Thanks. That’s what I thought to be the root of the problem. I like your relay idea ??

Dan

·
Registered
446 Posts
It was a woot.com deal.As I said after installation, they’re underwhelming. Someone suggested they might be counterfeit. I’ll hopefully be looking into it next week.
I figured they were cheap enough to be worth the risk
Dan
The hella horns have “hella” stamped on the horn membrane itself. If I remember correctly there’s 4 of them there in red just behind the “grill”. The copies also have less mounting screws for the grill (from what I’ve seen)

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,971 Posts
For Christmas I was gifted a 25" LED bar from Extreme LEDs, a new stubby anodized aluminum antenna, and a Warn Epic snatch block. Looking forward to adding them to the FJ!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Picked up 2 shackles and 2 cube lights for the US Offroad winch mount I ordered Monday, and just ordered a RedArc BCDC1250D from ETrailer online. Also a few switches from ebay.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I bought a second set of chains for my FJ. I will be chaining all 4 tires up. I love living in the mountains but this year I swear I have a glacier forming in my backyard. :) I have had 5 1/2 feet of snow in the last 3 weeks and we got more coming this Monday. I already have chains on the rear but decided to chain up the front for extra stability. I work at a lumberyard up here and we are open no matter how much snow we get. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
where exactly is this “unused 2nd horn wire”?

I’m running both my Hellas off the front stock wire. I’m going to run each horn off its own line. They’ll either fry or they’ll get louder
The 2nd horn wire is in the bundle of wires on the passenger fender well. It is wrapped in electrical tape and is a lump in the loom about half way back. You just have to unwrap the tape and there will be an unused connector. There is also a mounting point for the 2nd horn on the side near the connector, but I wanted the horn up front, so I extended the wire.

EDIT: After googling the location of the 2nd horn wire, It appears to be closer to the back corner than half way that I mentioned. A quick google search will show you where the wire is at.

2701 - 2720 of 3079 Posts