Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2721 - 2740 of 2872 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
You’d be better off running them through a relay, they draw more than the stock horn. Use the stock wiring as the ‘switch’ for the relay and run another live from the battery. I fitted Sharptones and they are much louder than stock
I did the add on 2nd horn with the OEM high tone(iirc), it sounds pretty damn beefy.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
@HERSOG inspired. I have a setrab cooler coming for the transmission. One of the last pieces I have to think about for cooling. This particular cooler has a smaller footprint at 6x7x4.3" . If the fan fails, at least it will still act as a heat sink
setrabcooler.jpg setrabcooler2.jpg

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
4 channel dash cam dvr setup

Attachments

·
Banned
890 Posts
Didn’t buy them today but they did arrive today.

I’m trying out some Treadwright tires. After having spent 45 seconds with them so far I can say they are heavier than the tires on the Geo but not as heavy as the tracks on the D6. Nice deep tread with lots of injection things bristling off. They smell like a tire should and while I can deform the blocks slightly with my fingers, they do not peel off. I can’t wait to get them mounted and do some dirt work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,919 Posts
Nice! I ran a set of Treadwirghts and was very pleased with their performance. They also took less weight to balance than brand names I've had previous.
I would buy again but shipping to Canada takes all the fun out of it.

·
トヨタ Master
6,582 Posts
I just looked these up. These are retreads?
Yes, I've ran them before. Problem I had was the carcasses they were molded to were thin sidewall. Like Gump's box 'o chocolates, you never knew what you were gonna git! I think they are pickier now about that. Good thing about '16s is that you're almost guaranteed to get 10 ply rated, load range E. I like this new tread design. Mine were the old typical mud terrain from the late '80s early '90s.

·
Banned
890 Posts
I think for the layman retreads are the same as remolds. Growing up in the 70's, retreads got a bad name. The tread would separate and fly off, taking the heads right off a whole busload of children nuns taking home made cookies to indigenous refugees. Remolds are new rubber from bead to bead. From what I understand, applying the new rubber is the same or functionally indistinguishable process that new tires undergo: the steel belting and beads are put into a mold and the new rubber is injected and cooked onto the carcass.

I'll make reviews of them as I go along. I'm a sucker for "cheaper but worth it" things and like to pass the info along.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Those look good I would see if you can get them Siped i bet that would help alot with traction .

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
North American FJs only received an in-tank fuel sock without an additional external filter. Any fuel filter with 5/16" outlets can be installed.

Good example is option #1 Wix 33296. OEM factory style, inexpensive, removed and replaced at service intervals.
31Kwh8Owq5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Went for option #2 because racecar. Deatschwerks FF110. The filter is serviceable and 10 micron stainless mesh with a neodymium magnet.

Screenshot_20200108-023701_Amazon Shopping.jpg

·
Banned
890 Posts
Ended up buying a tpms reader so I could get rid of the tire pressure dash light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2721 - 2740 of 2872 Posts