Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2741 - 2760 of 2872 Posts

·
Desert Moderator
6,206 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yup. It's similar to URD's idea for an inline filter but they use a less expensive $5 cellulose/paper media filter and up charge. Nothing wrong with that setup as we used to do the same on perfomance coupes by upgrading the fuel system to the next model up with bigger injectors and larger fuel filter. But if I'm going to be upcharged, I'd rather just upgrade. Deatschwerks FF110 Stainless filter with a magnet for "dual filtration".

·
Desert Moderator
6,206 Posts
Yup. It's similar to URD's idea for an inline filter but they use a less expensive $5 cellulose/paper media filter and up charge. Nothing wrong with that setup as we used to do the same on perfomance coupes by upgrading the fuel system to the next model up with bigger injectors and larger fuel filter. But if I'm going to be upcharged, I'd rather just upgrade. Deatschwerks FF110 Stainless filter with a magnet for "dual filtration".
After this week's adventure, I'm considering adding a water trap... That was the first time the FJ has failed on me, and was a bit of a bugger to diagose.
workshop found 5L water in my main tank... contamination from my fuel supplier.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That was the first time the FJ has failed on me, and was a bit of a bugger to diagose.
workshop found 5L water in my main tank... contamination from my fuel supplier.
Bugger. There are fuel to water separaters but I don't know it would have helped much with 5L of water! Are you sure it wasn't sabotaged?

This is what some of the Tacoma guys run
FST RPM300 for filtration and fuel/water separater but you still would have been SOL with that much water.
Screenshot_20200120-044849_Amazon Shopping.jpg

·
Desert Moderator
6,206 Posts
Bugger. There are fuel to water separaters but I don't know it would have helped much with 5L of water! Are you sure it wasn't sabotaged?

This is what some of the Tacoma guys run
FST RPM300 for filtration and fuel/water separater but you still would have been SOL with that much water.
View attachment 1120597
Nah just bad fuel after some storms.
water separators with sight glasses are common in diesel and marine applications.
you can easily see if there's water contamination and take appropriate action. In this case it would have been to drain the tank into another container until the water stops...
Also - a length of fuel hose to allow draining...
Interesting fact - there is no fuel pressure in the FJ until you crank the engine...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Nah just bad fuel after some storms.
water separators with sight glasses ...
Interesting fact - there is no fuel pressure in the FJ until you crank the engine...
Sounds good. Not sure it's DOT/ road safe here in my region but have seen the clear water separators about the size of PCV valves.

Interesting inquiry. I thought there was pressure as soon as key-in "ON" position as you can hear the pump whirrrrrr. Or what I thought was the pump... 🤔

·
Desert Moderator
6,206 Posts
Sounds good. Not sure it's DOT/ road safe here in my region but have seen the clear water separators about the size of PCV valves.

Interesting inquiry. I thought there was pressure as soon as key-in "ON" position as you can hear the pump whirrrrrr. Or what I thought was the pump... 🤔
That's what I assumed too...

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
My alternator came in today just waiting on the belt to show up.
Took it down to a local shop to test it , at idle it kicks 142 amps and at 2200 rpm its kicking 197 amps.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
A new internal hydraulic clutch slave cylinder, to fix that external squeal, thanks to this forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Who wore it better?

I picked up some 2018 TOYOTA TACOMA rims last week. They were from a craigslist type site from a guy that lived 3 blocks from me in the city. Ha ha! They are like brand new, only had about 5000k on them before he bought new rims. I think it’s a very nice upgrade from stock & because they are Toyota branded look oem (for the average person seeing the vehicle).

With only owning my FJ about 3 weeks now, I’m surprised how many people have asked me if it is brand new, as in if Toyota still makes them. I’ll take that as a complement on it looking pretty dang good! 😁👍

Ps: This is the first time I’ve had an opportunity while out & about to park by a Tacoma with the same rims for a comparison shot.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Who wore it better?

I picked up some 2018 TOYOTA TACOMA rims last week. They were from a craigslist type site from a guy that lived 3 blocks from me in the city. Ha ha! They are like brand new, only had about 5000k on them before he bought new rims. I think it’s a very nice upgrade from stock & because they are Toyota branded look oem (for the average person seeing the vehicle).

With only owning my FJ about 3 weeks now, I’m surprised how many people have asked me if it is brand new, as in if Toyota still makes them. I’ll take that as a complement on it looking pretty dang good!

View attachment 1121314

Ps: This is the first time I’ve had an opportunity while out & about to park by a Tacoma with the same rims for a comparison shot.
They look better on the FJ than the taco

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

2741 - 2760 of 2872 Posts