Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2761 - 2780 of 3053 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
A wiring harness, arrived today but for the past couple of months or so I’ve been purchasing the pieces for a sound system. It’s going to the shop on Saturday for a week for installation. Having a custom box built for the rear floor that’ll actually be made to look like the floor. Will lose the height obviously but will still have useable surface area.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ordered the genuine hitch from Toyota - cost less to order online from a USA dealership than a Local dealership... ? but never the less, the install when quite well and one could even say without a hitch! ?
This vehicle won’t be hauling too many trailers, but if it needs to, it will be able to. And the assortment of different hitch attachments from bike racks to motorcycle mounts, to extra storage carriers. Always better to have & not need, than need and not have.

We also put a 4 pin hitch powered 3rd brake light in, for now. Going to wire up a 7 pin and brake controller when I get a chance.

What kind of things have ya’ll pulled with your FJ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ordered the genuine hitch from Toyota - cost less to order online from a USA dealership than a Local dealership... but never the less, the install when quite well and one could even say without a hitch!
This vehicle won’t be hauling too many trailers, but if it needs to, it will be able to. And the assortment of different hitch attachments from bike racks to motorcycle mounts, to extra storage carriers. Always better to have & not need, than need and not have.

We also put a 4 pin hitch powered 3rd brake light in, for now. Going to wire up a 7 pin and brake controller when I get a chance.

What kind of things have ya’ll pulled with your FJ?

View attachment 1121709

View attachment 1121710

View attachment 1121711
What is the rated towing capacity of the factory hitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Towing capacity for a 2013 is 4700 lbs with trailer brake. 1000 without.

Reactions: DHD and cory3122

·
Premium Member
12,305 Posts
Factory hitch is a Class III
Max 600 lb tounge weight
Max 6,000 lbs tow

FJ is rated for 4,700 lb tow.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Only a few thousand more miles until I can put the sticker on!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I don’t know why I’m so excited but I am. I’m sure you FJ is pretty good and all but mine is bad ass. Just wicked cool and totes fab!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Desert Moderator
6,635 Posts
A new internal hydraulic clutch slave cylinder, to fix that external squeal, thanks to this forum.
You also need to replace the guts of the clutch while you're in there. Have a look at the state mine was in in that thread.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did replace clutch and flywheel while I was in there. I have had the truck for about a year, the clutch and flywheel I took out actually look brand new. I was expecting to find horrible things from the year of squealing. The bearing spun very freely, but I've seen worse.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
It's a custom build from the good folks over at Ruger Trailers. You guys are helping me spend money so rapidly I figured I better prepare for this.
Keeps Chris Farley GIF
More contagious than the Corona virus, spreads across continents through computers. devilgrin.jpg

Guess you didn't see the warning label:

warning.jpg

I apologize, back on topic. :censored:

Sweet!! (y) The TRD wheels for the trailer? What size tires on the FJ and trailer?

·
Registered
181 Posts
More contagious than the Corona virus, spreads across continents through computers. View attachment 1122456

Guess you didn't see the warning label:

View attachment 1122457

I apologize, back on topic. :censored:

Sweet!! (y) The TRD wheels for the trailer? What size tires on the FJ and trailer?
Yeah, wheels and tires to match the truck. BFG KO2 34x10.5/17r.
I saw the warning and willingly drank the kool-aid, it's delicious. Funny, you posted that, I'm thinking of getting a velcro patch made up with that same image for between the sun visors.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I had to buy 2 Cardone heavy duty CV Axles from rockauto today. Was doing other maintenance today when I noticed the driver side cv is throwing grease everywhere and the passenger side is cracking and will probly leak at any time. They lasted 13 1/2 years so cant complain :)

2761 - 2780 of 3053 Posts