Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 2999 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Really nice custom fit sunshade , this company supplies shades for Aircraft, the fit is perfect. They say to insert it on the lower dash side then bend around mirror...NO! Too much crinkling of it for constant removal and install. Just thread it behind the dash pod instrument cluster and rear view mirror from left to right. No bending of the shader required!!

·
Registered
2013 FJ OD Manual
118 Posts
Really nice custom fit sunshade , this company supplies shades for Aircraft, the fit is perfect. They say to insert it on the lower dash side then bend around mirror...NO! Too much crinkling of it for constant removal and install. Just thread it behind the dash pod instrument cluster and rear view mirror from left to right. No bending of the shader required!! View attachment 1129199 View attachment 1129200 View attachment 1129201
Nice, I order myself a set!

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Since the new winch has a breather tube on it, I bought the ARB Differential bBreather Kit. I plan to install it int he engine bay and run the other breather tubes up to it. And since I had to remove all the emblems to MonstaLiner the FJ, I decided I would put the old FJ40 logo on the rear instead of the factory stuff.

I think I am having fun now.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Thanks for that. Ordered

Really nice custom fit sunshade , this company supplies shades for Aircraft, the fit is perfect. They say to insert it on the lower dash side then bend around mirror...NO! Too much crinkling of it for constant removal and install. Just thread it behind the dash pod instrument cluster and rear view mirror from left to right. No bending of the shader required!! View attachment 1129199 View attachment 1129200 View attachment 1129201

·
Registered
200 Posts
JBA STD High Caster Upper A-arms, lower control arms, cam bolts and she still needs more cosmetic surgery. :confused:

·
Registered
709 Posts
It just arrived yesterday afternoon, so very little time with it. But I can say :
a) it's larger than I thought it would be.
b) it's a lot sturdier than I thought it would be (almost think it could be used as a weapon in a pinch)
I did not notice any door flex when I tried to bounce up and down on it (I weigh 171lbs).
Agreed. I’ve had one of these things for over a year. I use it all the time and have never noticed any flex when it holds my 180+ ass up.

Now that I’ve seen this, I’m going to load some weight on it and specifically look for flex in that panel; I’ll report back.

Is it possible that Aussie FJs are made with thinner panels? 🤔

·
トヨタ Master
7,666 Posts
If you pull the door panel off is the back of the latch accessible? Maybe adding a piece of steel to distribute the load might help with the flex.
Never had it apart, so couldn't tell you.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Never had it apart, so couldn't tell you.
I just happen to have the door card off on the driver's side. Here are a series of pics. In my opinion, there is not enough room unless you embiggen the hole.

The nuts that hold the strike plate on are welded to the back of the jamb skin. You can cut the hole that the rod comes out of towards the jamb, perhaps, and get a better look. But since I'm not gonna be using one of those doo-hickey's, Imma not gonna be cuttin'.

·
Premium Member
2,961 Posts
Short of using a forklift, not gonna be gettin' on top. untitled.png of the FJ :rolleyes:

·
トヨタ Master
7,666 Posts
Whhoooa you cant just post something like this and not give details lol. I def need info as far as where you got it and how much they charged. Im on my 3rd already.
Ooops! Just saw this. We got it in yesterday. What are you paying for you windshield, moulding, clips, etc, if you don't mind me asking? I can't give up all my secrets but I have a local glass guy who takes pretty good care of me and I take care of his fleet. I paid $390 for everything. This is the 3rd windshield since new.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Front fender liners and windsheild cowl clips Came in the mail today. Got the inverter a few days ago.

Attachments

2961 - 2980 of 2999 Posts