Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 3056 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
It will be a cross of Shawnee hills design, Sawtooth and Bruder 4 designs.

Reactions: Lee44 and DBCooper

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Just ordered an OME BP-51 suspension (heavy) from 4 Wheel Parts. ARB/OMEFJC10HKBP51. 2.5-3.0 inch lift, adjustable shocks front and rear. Adjustable in compression and rebound, reservoir. Coil overs adjustable in height.

When they were installing the skids I took a pic of the rear springs. OME-895 (now OME-2895 - 1.5 - 2.0 lift/light load). I thought I was getting 3" springs but was never sure, the receipt didn't specify, just some internal number. The shop closed not long after the job was done, too bad they did good work. Always thought the rear end was a little low and wrote it off to the extra weight I added over the years.

IMG_0620.JPG

Ok, I thought I'd just add new springs, nope, my shocks are only good for 2" or less lift. I went through several iterations of 'what if I do this' and decided screw it and go all new. More used parts for the corner of the garage.

Now the bad news, the boat from Down Under is not due in until mid July. :( I'm not good at waiting.

Excuse the pic of the eep. OME BP-51

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Just ordered an OME BP-51 suspension (heavy) from 4 Wheel Parts. ARB/OMEFJC10HKBP51. 2.5-3.0 inch lift, adjustable shocks front and rear. Adjustable in compression and rebound, reservoir. Coil overs adjustable in height.

When they were installing the skids I took a pic of the rear springs. OME-895 (now OME-2895 - 1.5 - 2.0 lift/light load). I thought I was getting 3" springs but was never sure, the receipt didn't specify, just some internal number. The shop closed not long after the job was done, too bad they did good work. Always thought the rear end was a little low and wrote it off to the extra weight I added over the years.

View attachment 1132331

Ok, I thought I'd just add new springs, nope, my shocks are only good for 2" or less lift. I went through several iterations of 'what if I do this' and decided screw it and go all new. More used parts for the corner of the garage.

Now the bad news, the boat from Down Under is not due in until mid July. :( I'm not good at waiting.

Excuse the pic of the eep. OME BP-51
I was also thinking of new rear springs. My rough country rear springs are 13 years old and I`m thinking they may be starting to sag.:)

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
I was also thinking of new rear springs. My rough country rear springs are 13 years old and I`m thinking they may be starting to sag.:)
Be careful. I set out to get a $190 set of rear springs. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordered a Factor 55 expert flatlink for the winch cable, hopefully it will be easier the next time I have to winch out a Jeep, no really, last three times I used the winch were for a CJ7, Ford Ranger and a Ram 1500, not for me...

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,502 Posts
I was watching the Bruder EXP 4 and 6 videos on you tube when wife walked in and showed her the prices she said better start building one and tossed me her bank card.
The last few weeks have not bought anything for the FJ's but a whole lot of things for a trailer build me and the wife are going to start on. wheels and tires to match the FJs, Timbren axel-less system with 4 inch lift for off road tires, brake drums and brakes with parking brake, hubs for Toyota wheels. Off to get plywood and epoxy resin. 2"x3" steel being delivered this week.
Build thread required!!

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,502 Posts
How'd you go about getting engine oil temps?
once you’ve purchased the enhanced data file which is $13.99 USD you get pages and pages of parameters you can select to display.
Here are just a few!

·
Registered
232 Posts
once you’ve purchased the enhanced data file which is $13.99 USD you get pages and pages of parameters you can select to display.
Wicked! I use torque pro to keep an eye on my coolant and tranny temps and watch my timing advance with different gases, but that's awesome you can get oil temp too. Now only if I had oil pressure...

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
How'd you go about getting engine oil temps?
Ditto, didn't think there was a sensor for that o_O Need to go back and do some checking?

·
Desert Moderator
6,640 Posts
Set of Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/17s. Excited. Now to figure out what lift and get the bmc done.
More than likely you won't need a BMC. More often than not just taking the front mud flaps off or trimming them will suffice.
Remember with lifts - less is more.

·
Desert Moderator
6,640 Posts
Spec 3+ clutch kit
Clutch Masters internal TO bearing

Replacing the clutch sometime during July when the parts gets here. Hopefully it stops the chirping.
I replaced mine with that kit - worked perfectly.
I replaced everything else in there with stock parts. I see the weak-ish stock clutch as a valuable shock absorber - I'd rather that it slips occasionally than break a bunch of other stuff. I got 130,000km out of the original clutch and only replaced it because of the thrust bearing issue. There are pics of mine in the clutchmasters thread.

3021 - 3040 of 3056 Posts