Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

3101 - 3120 of 3137 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Are those accessory clamps? Thinking that if mounted above the rear door at a steep enough angle, with a 4 gallon Rotopax, that it will act as a dust deflector and keep the back window clean. Hmm...
Yes they are. Probably too much wind drag mounted in the back though.

·
トヨタ Master
8,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,564 Posts
Picked up some rear shocks for temp install while I pull the KINGS for rebuild.

·
Premium Member
12,564 Posts
Some more odds and ends:

PCV valve
Spark plugs
Fuel tank straps
Assorted body clips
Finish pads for the Cyclo

·
トヨタ Master
8,458 Posts

·
Desert Moderator
6,932 Posts
A set of Diode Dynamics bixenon HID lights to replace the existing (different brand) bixenon kit due to a ballast failure.
That makes all interior & exterior lights on my FJ Diode Dynamics except the number plate light. Just great lights.
I also have the smart tap flasher unit from DD, which I love.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Going to clean up some wiring

Shrockworks 1-Power Distribution Module and the single module mount. I really like the looks of the mount and how it attaches to the engine bay.

I'll order the circuit breaker from Amazon when I figure out the amps. Most the images I see show it with an 80 amp breaker.

Mount and Module

Bussman 80 amp breaker

Must be a reason, all the images I can find show it with an 80 amp breaker? Can't find a thing on our forum. Found some pics on the T4R forum. Thoughts :unsure:

Reactions: JG1967 and PhoS

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Must be a reason, all the images I can find show it with an 80 amp breaker? Can't find a thing on our forum. Found some pics on the T4R forum. Thoughts :unsure:
80A is plenty for a whooooole bunch of lights/accessories but not enough for a winch.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Winch won't wire through the module. I'm probably just making the decision harder than it needs to be. Over thinking I think its called. :) . Specs give the max current for each type, relay or direct. Not a max for the entire module.

Cleaning out the inline fuses and relays. Besides it looks purty.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,644 Posts
@Lee44 I have a 12 outlet fuse block for aux circuits and protect the input with a 50A fuse on 60A wire to the feed. For a winch you need 400A fuse (you won't find a circuit breaker at 400A) and preferably an isolator in line too.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Shrockworks 1-Power Distribution Module and the single module mount. I really like the looks of the mount and how it attaches to the engine bay.

I'll order the circuit breaker from Amazon when I figure out the amps. Most the images I see show it with an 80 amp breaker.

Mount and Module

Bussman 80 amp breaker

I did this a few years ago. I have the 80A Circuit Breaker. And my winch is wired directly to the battery.
A great resource if you haven't seen it already is: DIY - Build and install a Bussmann RTMR Fuse/Relay Block Shrockworks does the heavy lifting on the Bussman, but some great ideas on keeping it clean.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
@JG1967 Thanks! I'll search again for your DIY. Just to figure out how I missed it :) I will be reading it!

edit: @JG1967 "Shrockworks does the heavy lifting on the Bussman" You were not kidding! Doesn't look like enough room on the bracket from Shrockworks, have to figure another way to do the grounds.

@bazross @ZerosFJ Thanks! I'm a little slow this morning, no coffee yet. I spent days searching for info that was in front of my nose. Should have asked here first. I really try to search for answers first. Honest :whistle:

Reactions: bazross and ZerosFJ

·
Registered
20 Posts

Mount and Module

Bussman 80 amp breaker

That Bussman looks like a really good option. Does anyone know why it would not fit 2007/2009 FJ? Website says it works on FJs from 2010 and up. I have a 2008 and I am starting to think on a solution for all my lights, but don't really want an Spod.
Thx

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Pretty sure it has to do with the mount. Even for the 2010+

* Some vehicles equipped with the factory inverter have a relay module in the location where this unit mounts. Relocation of the factory module is required to accommodate this kit.

Could be on the '07 - '09 there is something in that location.

You could give them a call and ask. Shrockworks Contact Info

·
Premium Member
12,564 Posts
I have it installed on my 07.

Reactions: Lee44
3101 - 3120 of 3137 Posts