Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

3121 - 3137 of 3137 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
@JG1967 Thanks! I'll search again for your DIY. Just to figure out how I missed it :) I will be reading it!

edit: @JG1967 "Shrockworks does the heavy lifting on the Bussman" You were not kidding! Doesn't look like enough room on the bracket from Shrockworks, have to figure another way to do the grounds.

@bazross @ZerosFJ Thanks! I'm a little slow this morning, no coffee yet. I spent days searching for info that was in front of my nose. Should have asked here first. I really try to search for answers first. Honest :whistle:
I ended up mounting the grounding block to the underside of the mount. I used the screws that mount the Bussman to the mount. I tried to get a pic of it, but it is tight quarters in there so hope it makes sense. I think I went to Home Depot and purchased longer screws, if I remember correctly.
20200912_112944.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Blue driver code reader. I love the live info... crusing at 120km/h kind of like reading a Chinese food menu to me. Does this info make sense to anyone ?
Can you display the data on your phone/pad as gauges? Easier to read.

IMG_0457.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
well over the last month I've done a few things so here's a list
40 INCH tires/front bumper /9500 winch/ snorkel/ roof rack/ upper+lower control arms/ inner+outer tie-rod ends / CV axles/seals/4wd differential actuator /wheel hub assembly's/ uni-chip View attachment 1139274
Damn, a ton of work. Looking good!

6" lift? Did you regear due to the 40's? If not, how is the acceleration?

(what's the the grill? :unsure:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Damn, a ton of work. Looking good!

6" lift? Did you regear due to the 40's? If not, how is the acceleration?

(what's the the grill? :unsure:)
yes procomp 5.5inch grill came with it when i got fj used 7 years ago
haven't re-gear yet because I got arb air locker in front so I'll be going 3rd member when I blow up lol
to be honest its not that bad its only real problem is at 60mph or 100kms if in D that spot is to close gear so it likes to hunt not enough power this is fixed by putting in 4th gear puts rpm up to about 2100

·
Registered
305 Posts
well over the last month I've done a few things so here's a list
40 INCH tires/front bumper /9500 winch/ snorkel/ roof rack/ upper+lower control arms/ inner+outer tie-rod ends / CV axles/seals/4wd differential actuator /wheel hub assembly's/ uni-chip View attachment 1139274
Truck looks wicked cool...but I absolutely love that grill!

·
Registered
305 Posts
well I was feeling good about posting this until I saw @offroadtoypost above lol.
Added my nfab bumper, wired and installed (first time doing this ever so im proud lol) 4 Hella floods on my Nfab bumper, classico seat covers, alternator, battery and plugs. Just got my 150k flush and fill done, found an old totaled FJ took the A-Trac out and put in my base model, all new speakers and Kicker 8" hideaway sub/amp and today I'm getting new shoes pretty excited to get the truck back later today.
Oh and I installed 2 molle racks to hold all my gear and supplies think I need another molle rack though. Next time I'm getting an Orange rack I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
well I was feeling good about posting this until I saw @offroadtoypost above lol.
Added my nfab bumper, wired and installed (first time doing this ever so im proud lol) 4 Hella floods on my Nfab bumper, classico seat covers, alternator, battery and plugs. Just got my 150k flush and fill done, found an old totaled FJ took the A-Trac out and put in my base model, all new speakers and Kicker 8" hideaway sub/amp and today I'm getting new shoes pretty excited to get the truck back later today.
Oh and I installed 2 molle racks to hold all my gear and supplies think I need another molle rack though. Next time I'm getting an Orange rack I think.
Oh yeah had the freedom windows installed last week. Aside from tires thats the first mod I paid someone to do. Figured the price was worth having my fj not leak or me drilling too many holes etc. If your considering the freedom windows do it. I cant believe I waited this long. My dog loves them too!

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Went down to the electrical supply house near me to check prices on supplies I'll need for the accessory rewire. Small family owned business. Good folks. LARSCO in Clackamas OR

Good online catalog but you have to call or go in person to get prices. Got the info I needed and picked up the circuit breaker I'll need. Wire and connectors I'll get later. Haven't received shipment from Shrockworks yet.

IMG_0779.JPG

What the module and mount will look like.

d_1204.jpg

Don't know when they took the pic but they must have found a like new FJ :)

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
@JG1967 Thanks again for the DIY link! I have that one bookmarked for sure :)

Reactions: JG1967

·
Premium Member
12,564 Posts
I ended up mounting the grounding block to the underside of the mount. I used the screws that mount the Bussman to the mount. I tried to get a pic of it, but it is tight quarters in there so hope it makes sense. I think I went to Home Depot and purchased longer screws, if I remember correctly.
View attachment 1139242
Why would you have a grounding block under the Bussman?

Reactions: Lee44

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why would you have a grounding block under the Bussman?
The Bussman supplies fused switching relays and fused constant leads. But you still need a ground for the accessories you hook up. I wanted everything run to a common ground that would be easily serviceable and also keep me from running into different ground potentials from different grounds around the vehicle. Plus, it just made for a cleaner install. I figured I installed the Bussman to clean things up, and this solution kept it clean!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,564 Posts
The Bussman supplies fused switching relays and fused constant leads. But you still need a ground for the accessories you hook up. I wanted everything run to a common ground that would be easily serviceable and also keep me from running into different ground potentials from different grounds around the vehicle. Plus, it just made for a cleaner install. I figured I installed the Bussman to clean things up, and this solution kept it clean!

Gotcha, I know there is not a lot of room under there must have been a PITA. All my constants are terminated for now, it is pretty easy to add them back if needed.

I ended up grounding the accessories near where they were mounted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gotcha, I know there is not a lot of room under there must have been a PITA. All my constants are terminated for now, it is pretty easy to add them back if needed.

I ended up grounding the accessories near where they were mounted.
There really isn't! And I used weather pack connectors for everything, which which made it tighter. But all the leads have connectors and are ready for use when I need them. Was a lot of work, but it's pretty much plug and play when I need to add something. Now I just need to find some money so I can afford things to plug in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
A new urd fuel pump kit for $100, gotta love craigslist. Scrapped enough wire to order a metaltech front bumper.(y)

Reactions: rotorhed1 and Lee44
3121 - 3137 of 3137 Posts