Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

3281 - 3300 of 3367 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Picked up a set of the new Morimoto 3.0’s this weekend. I was finally able to see some real test in an FJ “reflector”, overall they were very impressive. I still don’t know if the drl function will work as intended, or if the stock bumper will effect the light pattern. (As the test was only in FJ reflectors). But from what I’ve seen they should work extremely well.
View attachment 1151835
I'm willing to bet you'll have issues with the DRL's. Tell us if they work.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Getting one of these now that you showed us yours. Damn my FJ is becoming a mod money pit. Thank God for daddy's Christmas check. ;)

·
トヨタ Master
12,149 Posts
Getting one of these now that you showed us yours. Damn my FJ is becoming a mod money pit. Thank God for daddy's Christmas check. ;)

If you look at the fine print in your dealer paperwork, you'll see that when you join FJ Cruiser Forums, your FJ will transform into a Kardashian once it sees what other FJs are up to.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Will that fit a 2011? I want to get rid of the junk steel OEM version as well. And how about the TRD Pro version that's longer and would also replace the other steel OEM part under the oil pan?
I think it will fit all 2nd gen FJ Cruisers. The dealer I bought it from questioned my VIN and told me it's supposed to fit the 4 Runner. I told him it would also fit the later FJ. I don't know anything about the TRD Pro version.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
If you look at the fine print in your dealer paperwork, you'll see that when you join FJ Cruiser Forums, your FJ will transform into a Kardashian once it sees what other FJs are up to.

My Fj will never be a Kardashian :) I cant say the name like I usually say it i`d get banned :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think it will fit all 2nd gen FJ Cruisers. The dealer I bought it from questioned my VIN and told me it's supposed to fit the 4 Runner. I told him it would also fit the later FJ. I don't know anything about the TRD Pro version.
Yeah, I went ahead and ordered one from my dealer at around the same price as you got. It's supposed to have those red TRD letters on front too. Might try and sell my OEM steel one on eBay.

Lee44 and Cabin Cruiser, I must be a sucker for purchasing vehicles that demand modding. My other car is a 2020 Miata MX-5 RF. It practically begs to be modded as well. I've already put some little bling on it but fortunately daddy's gift money sets the limits for now and currently the FJ is getting the biggest goodies. It's quite a difference to drive each vehicle. The FJ is big, tall and very visible and can negotiate lousy road conditions. The Miata is like driving a motorcycle. Fast as hell, no snow driving, your butt feels like it's scraping the pavement and other drivers have trouble seeing it, so defensive driving is a must for self preservation. But holy crap it's damn fun! Of the 2 cars, I still love the FJ the best though.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Went to toyota and got a rear caliper, new pads, pins, and clips, and all the bolts nuts springs and gaskets for exhaust.

Reactions: rotorhed1 and Lee44

·
トヨタ Master
12,149 Posts
Yeah, I went ahead and ordered one from my dealer at around the same price as you got. It's supposed to have those red TRD letters on front too. Might try and sell my OEM steel one on eBay.

Lee44 and Cabin Cruiser, I must be a sucker for purchasing vehicles that demand modding. My other car is a 2020 Miata MX-5 RF. It practically begs to be modded as well. I've already put some little bling on it but fortunately daddy's gift money sets the limits for now and currently the FJ is getting the biggest goodies. It's quite a difference to drive each vehicle. The FJ is big, tall and very visible and can negotiate lousy road conditions. The Miata is like driving a motorcycle. Fast as hell, no snow driving, your butt feels like it's scraping the pavement and other drivers have trouble seeing it, so defensive driving is a must for self preservation. But holy crap it's damn fun! Of the 2 cars, I still love the FJ the best though.
I have an MX5 also. It's got an electronic problem with the transponder that only Mazda can decipher. I've also got an LS engine sitting around that I've been tempted to install into it and then have something really fun.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have an MX5 also. It's got an electronic problem with the transponder that only Mazda can decipher. I've also got an LS engine sitting around that I've been tempted to install into it and then have something really fun.
I'll say! Yee haa!

·
Registered
2007 FJ M/T Arctic Silver 285/70/17 no BMC no Rub
626 Posts
Wow! I didn't know something like this existed! TY!
Thank you for the link to Amazon. I just bought that kit....didn't even know that I needed it lol.

Reactions: CRAW

·
Registered
626 Posts
Reactions: Lee44

·
Registered
626 Posts
20kg bag of glass bead media gots me some blasting to do.
You blasting underside? What are u using to blast it? I know next to nothing about blasting etc but I have a big project come spring that has to do with my FJ and rust.

·
Premium Member
13,483 Posts
You blasting underside? What are u using to blast it? I know next to nothing about blasting etc but I have a big project come spring that has to do with my FJ and rust.
I use a hand held siphon pot from Harbor Freight, it allows me to get into places that the larger setups don't. The volume is adjustable. The flexible cutting board ( Dollar Tree) is used as a shield/masking for the bits I do not want to hit with media/shot.

Reactions: CabinCruiser

·
Registered
626 Posts
I use a hand held siphon pot from Harbor Freight, it allows me to get into places that the larger setups don't. The volume is adjustable. The flexible cutting board ( Dollar Tree) is used as a shield/masking for the bits I do not want to hit with media/shot.

View attachment 1152694 View attachment 1152695
Man thats outstanding! Do u need an aircompressor?
I was praying for a solution aside from a wire wheel on a drill etc.

·
Premium Member
13,483 Posts
Man thats outstanding! Do u need an aircompressor?
I was praying for a solution aside from a wire wheel on a drill etc.
Yes, when I get home lll snap a pic of the air setup.

Reactions: SenseiSmash
3281 - 3300 of 3367 Posts