Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

3321 - 3340 of 3367 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just ordered Bilstein 5100s front and rear (rear on backorder) Eibach 0.9" rear coils. Toyota front coils, lower control arms and (hopefully) all the cam bolts, plates, nuts, etc. for the lower control arms. Still waiting on the Rokmen rear lower links... I guess they got hit with the COVIDs... Still need to decide on upper control arms. I ordered a single TRD Pro wheel and am going to get a 255/80 BFG Mud Terrain mounted to check fit and look and see if it will clear the garage door before spending $3000 on 4 more of them...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Amazon has them!! They work great and last under abuse had mine for 2 years on a rough country 6 inch lift
You're a little late on the reply as I asked that question 4 years ago (see date of post) and have been running them since then but thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
2011 Army Green
60 Posts
Stepped up to a new set of five BFG KO2's in 285/70/17 from Discount Tires. And also got my YotaMD replacement key for my 2011. It was expensive, but it definitely seems built to last.

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,259 Posts
Just ordered a new steering rack, with new inner and outer tie rods from Detroit Axle and a new lower steering shaft from Amazon. I'm sick of my sloppy steering and ready to attack the issue. It will be great cuz I will already be removing my front differential in order to reseal it (as it has leaked along the center seem for as long as I can remember) and with it out of the way anyways, I can get to the steering rack even easier. It will be quite the project, but I'm up for it!

I will also soon be ordering myself new tires. Thinking of going with a newer tire size and new tire called the Baja Boss from Mickey Thompson. It is supposed to be a great all-terrain tire as well as fantastic in the snow and have a long tread life of 50,000 miles. Plus the tire size I want will be like a pizza cutter size and work way better for my 17x7" TRD wheels versus by 35x12.50R17 tires I have currently. And the skinnier tires will put less wear on the new steering components which is great.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Saturday my fridge/freezer was delivered.
Iceco VL75P-D now to build a slide with tilt.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
I will also soon be ordering myself new tires. Thinking of going with a newer tire size and new tire called the Baja Boss from Mickey Thompson. It is supposed to be a great all-terrain tire as well as fantastic in the snow and have a long tread life of 50,000 miles. Plus the tire size I want will be like a pizza cutter size and work way better for my 17x7" TRD wheels versus by 35x12.50R17 tires I have currently. And the skinnier tires will put less wear on the new steering components which is great.
What size Baja Boss are you planning on getting? I have the same TRD wheels and will soon be ready for new tires.

3321 - 3340 of 3367 Posts