Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3063 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Just fitted both Skyjackers and Rad Rubber guards...love them both.

The ride after fitting the Icon Overland springs was awful, kinda snatched on bends(and we have lots of those here) but the Skyjackers have transformed it, the swaybar was obviously restricting the flex too much.
Sarah, are will those links work with the stock rear ride height or are they for a lifted rear end? I don't have a lift on the rear of my FJ, but I like those links.

I bought another 23" light bar to replace the one in my lower grill. It's another eBay/China bar, but with three rows of 15˚spot beams and rectangular flood beams on both ends..the ad claims 540watts, with Phillips LEDs. It definitely shoots a higher spot beam, and is brighter than my current bar, it came with a harness/relay/switch for under $80.00CDN and was at my house in 5 days. I haven't installed it yet though. My current bar(120watt )will sit on a shelf until I get around to mounting it to the rear of my FJ. I love lights.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,523 Posts
Sarah, are will those links work with the stock rear ride height or are they for a lifted rear end? I don't have a lift on the rear of my FJ, but I like those links.
I have 3" lift on rear springs. The SJ's are a bit more than 1" longer than stock and I added a second bush to give me a bit extra length and bring the swaybar back to horizontal. I would think they would be too long at stock height.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
My floor mat support at the passenger driver side snapped (not strong enough for a normal wear & tear).

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

Which justifies replacing them with Weathertech floor mats. (Got these sets under a group buy at T4R forum)

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

Anybody with same experience and was able to remedy the problem?

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Just fitted both Skyjackers and Rad Rubber guards...love them both.

The ride after fitting the Icon Overland springs was awful, kinda snatched on bends(and we have lots of those here) but the Skyjackers have transformed it, the swaybar was obviously restricting the flex too much.
Did you use the bushings and washer that came with it or did you use the the ones from the oem links?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
It is springtime here in DFW and it hails a lot.
Last year I got hit and this year I thought I'd spend my deductible on something a little more proactive.

Attachments

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,523 Posts
Did you use the bushings and washer that came with it or did you use the the ones from the oem links?
I used SkyJacker bushes, I was given a spare set as they come with just four total. Not sure if you can buy just the bushes to add them but don't see why you couldn't use two OE ones on top and then use the four SJ bushes below the mount.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I used SkyJacker bushes, I was given a spare set as they come with just four total. Not sure if you can buy just the bushes to add them but don't see why you couldn't use two OE ones on top and then use the four SJ bushes below the mount.
I only have about 1.5" on lift on the rear. I don't think i will need the double bushings on the bottom but I heard the washers or bushings from skyjacker are hard to fit in there. Too big or something. Do you have a picture of yours?

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,523 Posts
I only have about 1.5" on lift on the rear. I don't think i will need the double bushings on the bottom but I heard the washers or bushings from skyjacker are hard to fit in there. Too big or something. Do you have a picture of yours?
I had no problems fitting them, didn't take more than a few minutes per side, did with wheels on so not much room but still not difficult.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
These are the real deal holyfield. I've never seen a company put so much care and explanation of info in their product. When I was searching other straps, they'd used marketing words, ie. heavy duty, double ply without mentioning their load rating. Then you get a single strap looped over. Cancer containing chemicals included freeee.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have 3" lift on rear springs. The SJ's are a bit more than 1" longer than stock and I added a second bush to give me a bit extra length and bring the swaybar back to horizontal. I would think they would be too long at stock height.

Thank you for answering that. I guess I'm not ready for them yet.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,523 Posts
These are the real deal holyfield. I've never seen a company put so much care and explanation of info in their product. When I was searching other straps, they'd used marketing words, ie. heavy duty, double ply without mentioning their load rating. Then you get a single strap looped over. Cancer containing chemicals included freeee.
:rofl: :rofl:

Reminds me of the Peli Case 'unconditional lifetime guarantee... as below....'children under 5' being by far the biggest risk

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought a 50" single row light bar, 20" single row light bar(back that beotch up!), And 2 wiring harnesses for $65.00!!! LOL I figure for that price and the 2 times a year I will maybe use them, why not right?? If they break, well everything is there and ready for a new one. I bought the single row because they arent supposed to whistle like the double row lights.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,995 Posts
Received my 53qt Max Burton fridge made by Aervoe in Reno, NV. Gots a good warranty so I'm gonna put it through the paces and see how it performs over the next year, I was gonna go with the Indel B but this price was worth a shot. Also received a new high performance charge controller with Bluetooth dongle, I may be more excited about this than anything else! This is an intelligent charging system that can be monitored and adjusted via Bluetooth from the compatible device of your choosing, I have a 100 watt high efficiency flexible solar panel coming in tomorrow that I will in stall on this setup. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well where do I start, two days back I received my 35's by freight and I'm waiting on my 5th wheel to come in.
I just took one of them pictures just a few days ago when my 35's showed up on my doorstep!

Can you believe it? Not one but TWO!! members getting the dark and evil 35" tires for their FJ's in the same week. The insanity of it all ?*♂

Attachments

21 - 40 of 3063 Posts