Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3062 Posts

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,992 Posts
I just took one of them pictures just a few days ago when my 35's showed up on my doorstep!

Can you believe it? Not one but TWO!! members getting the dark and evil 35" tires for their FJ's in the same week. The insanity of it all ��*♂
Yea it gives me a good reason to take the plunge and order a set of 4.88's when I get back from Jambo, I'm gonna give my faithful old Toyos one more spin at Jambo then I'll make the switch.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Received my 53qt Max Burton fridge made by Aervoe in Reno, NV. Gots a good warranty so I'm gonna put it through the paces and see how it performs over the next year, I was gonna go with the Indel B but this price was worth a shot. Also received a new high performance charge controller with Bluetooth dongle, I may be more excited about this than anything else! This is an intelligent charging system that can be monitored and adjusted via Bluetooth from the compatible device of your choosing, I have a 100 watt high efficiency flexible solar panel coming in tomorrow that I will in stall on this setup. :cheers:

Looks like a nice one. Very similar to my Dometic. Maybe they are made in the same factory. BTW, I am revising my mounting system today

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I have a 100 watt high efficiency flexible solar panel coming in tomorrow that I will in stall on this setup. :cheers:

I would really appreciate if you let me know how did your instal went. I am looking to get a flexible solar panel to charge the second battery when the truck is not running. It is so many solar panels and chargers out there that gets confusing.

Thanks Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thorn661

·
Registered
16 Posts
Noticed the other day my FJ was missing the lug wrench so purchased a breaker bar since I already had a 21mm socket in the tool bag.
Have a new set of IPF magic bulbs on the way as well.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,992 Posts
I would really appreciate if you let me know how did your instal went. I am looking to get a flexible solar panel to charge the second battery when the truck is not running. It is so many solar panels and chargers out there that gets confusing.

Thanks Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be doing a short write up on it when I'm done, I hope I get it done before I leave for the Jambo.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,135 Posts
I have been really thinking about one of those exhaust jacks. Maybe even instead of a handyman. Let us know what you think of it.
I will! I HATE/refuse to carry a HiLift jack, and being lifted/LT on 35s my trolley jack was not happening :lol: It was between an inflatable jack and a Radflo Hydra Jack, and usefulness + price point won out. From what I can tell, the dual inflation ARB Bushranger X-Jack gives a little more lift at max height, and is manufactured expressly for offroad use....so spent more than on Chinese knock-offs (though many of those would probably do the job).

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,135 Posts
Refusal to accessorize?? The HiLift isn't just a Jack, it's also a fashion statement. :rofl:
So true!!! And a dangerous one at that... As a woman who at times wheels alone, I don't feel I have the kind of upper body strength to operate it safely, let alone remove & replace on the roofrack (unwise location IMO). With great/safe alternatives available I see no reason to have one, yet it seems to be all the rage - with women - to have one mounted up top, with color-matching neoprene cover...making a "statement"....rant over :grin

·
Registered
115 Posts
So true!!! And a dangerous one at that... As a woman who at times wheels alone, I don't feel I have the kind of upper body strength to operate it safely, let alone remove & replace on the roofrack (unwise location IMO). With great/safe alternatives available I see no reason to have one, yet it seems to be all the rage - with women - to have one mounted up top, with color-matching neoprene cover...making a "statement"....rant over :grin
Things that can swing down from up high is not a good thing as I found out LOL. I think it is also good that you know your limits.

Like said above, I think they could be worth a fortune in mud, sand, and deep snow conditions.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
(10) 5-star reviews on Amazon. Not sure how these will do. They're a type of thermoplastic but very stiff when compared to the oem rubber and energy suspension poly D-bushings I've used before. Made in Merica! Excited to install them as my OEM ones are 10 years old and cracking

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
(10) 5-star reviews on Amazon. Not sure how these will do. They're a type of thermoplastic but very stiff when compared to the oem rubber and energy suspension poly D-bushings I've used before. Made in Merica! Excited to install them as my OEM ones are 10 years old and cracking
AND THEY ARE BLUE !!!!!!!!
:rofl::rofl:

41 - 60 of 3062 Posts