Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Banned
890 Posts
Could be worse: she could want you to trade the FJ for an Avalanche.

·
Banned
890 Posts
I'll get some ideas I'm sure.. Mine is a '13, I have the emissions pump to contend with if I mount the battery up front.

Which kit if you are going that way?

Thanks,
Lee
I saw a tray (https://www.purefjcruiser.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=7538&zenid=59ne18ct3nnjgntdke6vo4t3n7) on the Pure FJ site that looks pretty simple. It goes on the passenger side next to the firewall. If I had a metal break I think I could pretty easily make something similar. All I have is a hammer and curse words.

·
Banned
890 Posts
285/75R16 Guard Dog tires from Treadwright. Curious to see how these will work out. Got 5 of them on the way.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Keep us updated on the Treadwrights. Would be great to get an FJ centric review. Especially interested in balance and noise for a remolded tire. Never seen a set in person. Great prices. Thanks.

·
トヨタ Master
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I saw a tray (https://www.purefjcruiser.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=7538&zenid=59ne18ct3nnjgntdke6vo4t3n7) on the Pure FJ site that looks pretty simple. It goes on the passenger side next to the firewall. If I had a metal break I think I could pretty easily make something similar. All I have is a hammer and curse words.
Only problem I have with it is the "L" bracket that bolts to a 6mm stud on the firewall breaks off after one good wheeling trip. I did mine similar but with a Trail Gear optima mount from Summit Racing for a fraction of the cost.

0712180910.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
This stuff keeps coming .

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
6,191 Posts
everything inside and outside the bell housing except the flywheel & trans input shaft...

·
Banned
890 Posts
Keep us updated on the Treadwrights. Would be great to get an FJ centric review. Especially interested in balance and noise for a remolded tire. Never seen a set in person. Great prices. Thanks.
I'll post updates as things progress. I'm curious about the balancing as well; they seem to be a little hit or miss. I'm excited to get them out in the dir....sand/cow poop.

Trail Gear
Huh, interesting.....anyway.....That is a nice box/tray. It's less than 1/2 of the tray I ordered! I'm thinking I might just send the tray I ordered back now. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I purchased a Pedal Commander for my 08 A/T. also ordered one for my brothers 13TT.
DSC_0536.JPG

121 - 140 of 176 Posts