Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's not a bad idea to have two
[/QUOT
Yeah I am going to pick up a reg extinguisher as well. It was the electrical extinguisher that powder coated the cabin for me. Sooooo much white powder on everything. Glad it was only a burst but it was enough. lol :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah I am going to pick up a reg extinguisher as well. It was the electrical extinguisher that powder coated the cabin for me. Sooooo much white powder on everything. Glad it was only a burst but it was enough. lol :ROFLMAO:
I put a zip tie with a slit cut in it on mine to prevent that. I've seen the powder rust the body behind the panels in cars after having them go off. Messy stuff

Reactions: Lee44

·
Registered
110 Posts
I put a zip tie with a slit cut in it on mine to prevent that. I've seen the powder rust the body behind the panels in cars after having them go off. Messy stuff
Thank you, that is good to know, I will look a little closer at the interior, it wasn't much - it still said it was charged after the fact but still good info (y)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thank you, that is good to know, I will look a little closer at the interior, it wasn't much - it still said it was charged after the fact but still good info (y)
Don't use the heater until you get it taken care of. It can melt the powder and make things worse.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Don't use the heater until you get it taken care of. It can melt the powder and make things worse.
I got most of it out while in the mountain because of course I was camping when it blew. The only thing I didn't clean thoroughly was the recovery & tool totes (sealed) and I have a milk crate with oil, tranny fluid & my air compressor bag. Sigh I got the floor board, under the seats, the driver door, drivers seat, window and the drivers side passenger door. I definitely didn't think of the melting factor of the powder. Thank you for your insight, its truly appreciated.

·
Registered
361 Posts
A Benneli M4!!!! Oh wait, it was for me but the FJ hauls it for me, so it is for the FJ.
20200104_103244.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Will do. The 2.7 pulley is the smallest you can go before major fuel upgrades like fuel pump (good idea anyway), higher CC injectors, 7th injector kit, and new tune. Pretty sure this will be all I'll ever need power-wise after the 2.7 install.

If you're patient, more tuning options should become available like the HP tuner (widely recognized among tuners and allows you access to software for real time tuning via lap top. On the other side you have piggy back tuners like the bully dog (magnuson) or URD ECON but you need to consult the dealer to remap the tune (real time as well but URD has to handle it).
How's that pulley treating you?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
How's that pulley treating you?
Haven't found a time yet as weather forecasts rain every weekend. Now with the stay at home order, I have loads of free time but still bad weather. I'm deciding to replace the timing chain set and seal up the front cover while I'm there as I have a progressing leak. I've had the upgraded fuel pump with stock injectors and all is well right now. Will keep you updated in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking for a good air purifier. I have bad smells in my car really often, maybe that is because of my dogs... But never mind! I am looking for recommendations. Maybe one of the models like on jonsguide or some ads on marketplaces...
I will be grateful if someone has one

·
トヨタ Master
7,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
I am looking for a good air purifier. I have bad smells in my car really often, maybe that is because of my dogs...
Sure it's the dogs...

161 - 177 of 177 Posts