Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's not a bad idea to have two
[/QUOT
Yeah I am going to pick up a reg extinguisher as well. It was the electrical extinguisher that powder coated the cabin for me. Sooooo much white powder on everything. Glad it was only a burst but it was enough. lol :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah I am going to pick up a reg extinguisher as well. It was the electrical extinguisher that powder coated the cabin for me. Sooooo much white powder on everything. Glad it was only a burst but it was enough. lol :ROFLMAO:
I put a zip tie with a slit cut in it on mine to prevent that. I've seen the powder rust the body behind the panels in cars after having them go off. Messy stuff

·
Registered
110 Posts
I put a zip tie with a slit cut in it on mine to prevent that. I've seen the powder rust the body behind the panels in cars after having them go off. Messy stuff
Thank you, that is good to know, I will look a little closer at the interior, it wasn't much - it still said it was charged after the fact but still good info (y)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thank you, that is good to know, I will look a little closer at the interior, it wasn't much - it still said it was charged after the fact but still good info (y)
Don't use the heater until you get it taken care of. It can melt the powder and make things worse.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Don't use the heater until you get it taken care of. It can melt the powder and make things worse.
I got most of it out while in the mountain because of course I was camping when it blew. The only thing I didn't clean thoroughly was the recovery & tool totes (sealed) and I have a milk crate with oil, tranny fluid & my air compressor bag. Sigh I got the floor board, under the seats, the driver door, drivers seat, window and the drivers side passenger door. I definitely didn't think of the melting factor of the powder. Thank you for your insight, its truly appreciated.

·
Registered
361 Posts
A Benneli M4!!!! Oh wait, it was for me but the FJ hauls it for me, so it is for the FJ.
20200104_103244.jpg

161 - 172 of 172 Posts