Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

31321 - 31340 of 45380 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sorry for crappy garage pics just trying to show the aesthetic of finally getting the Warrior LED recessed tail lights in! And it's dark outside.
love the looks of the tail lights... however I was quoted $699 Canadian for them... couldn't justify the expense on tail lights at this point with so many other mods on the list :)

The look Bad A$$ though!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Replaced the black plasti-dipped silver mirrors and handles with real black replacements. Just need bumper wings and grill to rid the old worn-out plastidip look.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Finally got around to installing my switch so I can operate my winch from inside the FJ. Not wire yet but in place. Now if I can figure out how to get rigged up with out getting out of the FJ I can keep my feet dry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Sorry for crappy garage pics just trying to show the aesthetic of finally getting the Warrior LED recessed tail lights in! And it's dark outside.
Look bad ass! Seems like they were a lot of work though. How bad was the install?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
nice Job!!

I noticed in one of your pics the Kryptek seat covers...you have any more pics of these? how is the fit? quality?

sorry off topic....
There Coverkings and I got them from CARiD.com right after I got my FJ. The overall fit is good but there is some slop in the back and seat, ( you can kind of see it in the pics), The only real issue I have with them is they don't stay tucked in to the edge of the drivers side seat.( You can see it in the pic). They have held up very well and have no signs ware.

Attachments

·
Registered
854 Posts
Let's see them light up!!!!!! They look great!
ok just about dark enough to get an idea here, just the running lights, and one with the backups on -

Attachments

·
Registered
854 Posts
Look bad ass! Seems like they were a lot of work though. How bad was the install?
Install not bad, it tested my patience a little but I tend to have short attention span. I took my time and made sure when I spliced and soldered it was the right wire to the right place. I'm glad I did it, even though it was little more work that I thought it would be, I have big hands, hard to fit into the fender with a tool in my mitt. Patience and determination were key for me. This is one of those mods I classify as killing two birds, I got rid of some plastic, replacing with steel along with LED's replacing bulbs and the looks was sort of the bonus for me. Would I do it again? I might pay someone to do this sort of thing in the future but it's my old wracked body thats my limiting factor. Now I still have to troubleshoot something with the 3rd brake light flashing along with either sides blinker. The circuit is sensitive and the backup needed a load across the bulb socket or the backup lights lit up when key was turned. Took me a while to figure that out. Thanks for the nods, these things are sweet looking for sure. Warrior is good people, very helpful so far no complaints with product or service after the sale. If you wanted to get creative and piss the jeep guys off you could almost cut a 4" round hole in these and center a round led in there (common semi size, many options), then just figure out where to put some backup lights I guess. :blueblob:

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Finally got around to installing my switch so I can operate my winch from inside the FJ. Not wire yet but in place. Now if I can figure out how to get rigged up with out getting out of the FJ I can keep my feet dry.
I would turn the switch 180 degrees so that when you pull it back it returns and push it forward to spool out. Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Last week actually. x5 Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT 275x70Rx17

Suspension unmodified at this time, close fit but no issue. A 285 would have touched

Corrected speedo, was 2.5 high. Now right on per my GPS.

Checking my mpg but looks to be down approx. 1 mpg and I believe that is due to corrected speedo not drag or anything like that.

Speedo corrected by 5% and MPG drops 5% (approx. 19.5 to 18.5)

I was surprised how quiet they are...

Some pics:

1. My old spare (265x70Rx17) new, along side Cooper
2. ditto
3. My FJ (2013)

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Last week actually. x5 Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT 275x70Rx17

Suspension unmodified at this time, close fit but no issue. A 285 would have touched

Corrected speedo, was 2.5 high. Now right on per my GPS.

Checking my mpg but looks to be down approx. 1 mpg and I believe that is due to corrected speedo not drag or anything like that.

Speedo corrected by 5% and MPG drops 5% (approx. 19.5 to 18.5)

I was surprised how quiet they are...

Some pics:

1. My old spare (265x70Rx17) new, along side Cooper
2. ditto
3. My FJ (2013)

Tires look great! I love mine! How did you correct the speedo if I may ask?

Cheers

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
77 Posts

Cheers

I believe the OP is saying that the new tire size corrected or trued the stock speedo setting in the FJ which is off by approx. 5% for the stock tire size.

I run 37's which is 14% off true but in the other direction, so my mileage is under recorded as is my speed and my fuel economy. There are aftermarket gizmos you can set via PC and plug into your harness to correct for the difference but they're about $200+ and I don't know anybody that is running one.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts

Cheers

Has to be the slightly larger diameter tires. I had been checking my speed against the GPS and the speedo read 2-3 mph high until I put the new tires on. Last couple checks with the GPS and the speedo was right on (maybe + .5). No other changes to FJ.

Edit: What Darth said. (I've got to learn to read all the posts before answering :) )

31321 - 31340 of 45380 Posts