Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

37161 - 37180 of 45354 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Ok I got my door fixed that had the cracks in the plastic. I kind of used a little of everyones advise. I mixed up a good size pile of apoxy and spread it out all over the cracked area ( about a foot long crack) then I used a couple layers of mesh I had laying around the house. Pressed them into the epoxy and let it set up for a couple hours. It seems pretty good I`m just going to let it cure for a day before it goes back to normal use. :)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Slowly chipping away at the gas can mount. I try to only work on it at my lunch breaks so 30 minutes a day. Finished the mount, drilled 6-5.5 pattern and cut to length. Weighs less than 5lbs. Onto drilling the holes on the mount plate. 16 holes at least at this rate, it'll be ready and my kids will be driving the car. (Keep in mind that i don't have kids yet)

Also something fresh and loud. And I mean loud. The panhard outsqueaks my upper control arms. Maybe I was supposed to grease it more. Nature of the game :shrug03:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Slowly chipping away at the gas can mount. I try to only work on it at my lunch breaks so 30 minutes a day. Finished the mount, drilled 6-5.5 pattern and cut to length. Weighs less than 5lbs. Onto drilling the holes on the mount plate. 16 holes at least at this rate, it'll be ready and my kids will be driving the car. (Keep in mind that i don't have kids yet)

Also something fresh and loud. And I mean loud. The panhard outsqueaks my upper control arms. Maybe I was supposed to grease it more. Nature of the game :shrug03:
Wish i could weld, nice job

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got in on the sale at Springtail, so I got one of these...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Rear exp1 swing

Mind the gap, 1 1/4 body lift leaves room for plastic to show.
Looks good. Warrior makes the the rear corners with extra material to cover for a body lift as an option...

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Got rid of the stock exhaust and went with the MBRP High Tuck Off-Road Exhaust... sounds so much better now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Got in on the sale at Springtail, so I got one of these...
Thanks for the reminder, I keep forgetting to check on these. :)

What's the advantage over the rack that doesn't fold down? Non-folding is just a little less expensive.

I have a storage drawer that is 10.6 inches high. How much space is there below the rack when its open?

Thanks, Lee

edit: I see the Rear Door Combo (non-folding plus 2 STAT packs and 2 STAT pouches) is on sale now

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, I keep forgetting to check on these. :)

What's the advantage over the rack that doesn't fold down? Non-folding is just a little less expensive.

I have a storage drawer that is 10.6 inches high. How much space is there below the rack when its open?

Thanks, Lee

edit: I see the Rear Door Combo (non-folding plus 2 STAT packs and 2 STAT pouches) is on sale now
I got the rack that folds to give me a platform to put stuff on when working out of the back of the truck. There is 10 3/4" from bottom of the wrack to the bottom of the door plastic, not counting the molle packs. The rack could be mounted a bit higher maybe, i just kept it low to access the 2 screws for the door molding.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
I got the rack that folds to give me a platform to put stuff on when working out of the back of the truck. There is 10 3/4" from bottom of the wrack to the bottom of the door plastic, not counting the molle packs. The rack could be mounted a bit higher maybe, i just kept it low to access the 2 screws for the door molding.

I thought that pic looked familiar, it is mine from when I installed my fold down rack years ago.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Not that you need to but you should watermark your shots. So many people borrow, repost and do not credit your shots :lookaround: :no:
I do not know how to do that.
I use the Canon software to get the pics out of my Rebel T5i camera to my PC, then I use Picasa from Google to lighten them up a bit.

In the past I have had my FJ pics of my Safari snorkel stolen many a time by Ebay sellers selling the Chinese knockoff snorkels, and passing my picture of my Safari one as theirs.
I contacted ARB about it, and they had me contact Ebay to take down the sellers add which they did, but it just pops up again a week later :surprise

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
@Corey you can download free software at http://www.gimp.com. It's freeware that is basically adobe photoshop. You can add text boxes and change opacity if you want to watermark over certain pictures but still show the picture underneath. Very easy to do. Also i think it can watermark a batch of pictures as well.

Also searched and saw a program specifically for it https://www.visualwatermark.com

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
@Corey you can download free software at http://www.gimp.com. It's freeware that is basically adobe photoshop. You can add text boxes and change opacity if you want to watermark over certain pictures but still show the picture underneath. Very easy to do. Also i think it can watermark a batch of pictures as well.

Also searched and saw a program specifically for it https://www.visualwatermark.com
Thanks James.
I have Photoshop 7 and also Photoshop Elements, but I forget which version the latter is.
I hardly use them as Picasa is dummy proof and very easy to use.

37161 - 37180 of 45354 Posts