Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41001 - 41020 of 45872 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Changed the wheels (not all 5 yet) to black, I think it looks better ,, what do you say :grin
Removed step bar, and installed OEM rock rails, that I was able to pick up used locally ..
Thinking about turning all the silver parts (bumpers wings, grill .. etc) to black .. any thoughts? shall i, shall i not :clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Changed the wheels (not all 5 yet) to black, I think it looks better ,, what do you say :grin

Removed step bar, and installed OEM rock rails, that I was able to pick up used locally ..

Thinking about turning all the silver parts (bumpers wings, grill .. etc) to black .. any thoughts? shall i, shall i not :clap:

Those look mean in black. I like it

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Those look mean in black. I like it

Thank you sir, i thought so too :cheers:

what do you think about going black on the silver pieces on the bumpers as well?
I've been looking at pics for like the last 24hrs ,, i think i'm leaning towards changing the gill only to black, and keeping the rest silver.

I just feel something is wrong with the silver grill look with all the black going around it, kinda like in your face haha
Would appreciate your opinion.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Thank you sir, i thought so too :cheers:

what do you think about going black on the silver pieces on the bumpers as well?

I've been looking at pics for like the last 24hrs ,, i think i'm leaning towards changing the gill only to black, and keeping the rest silver.

I just feel something is wrong with the silver grill look with all the black going around it, kinda like in your face haha

Would appreciate your opinion.

I was in the same position as you..I really like the quirky look of the silver bits, but wanted something different so I plastidipped the grill and all the bumper wings, and part of the front bumper fascia/fake skid looking silver plastic. I’m thinking of doing the handles, but will keep the mirrors silver for now.

Here’s some pics for you:

*edit- I forgot..I also painted my front skid plate silver

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was in the same position as you..I really like the quirky look of the silver bits, but wanted something different so I plastidipped the grill and all the bumper wings, and part of the front bumper fascia/fake skid looking silver plastic. I’m thinking of doing the handles, but will keep the mirrors silver for now.

Here’s some pics for you:

*edit- I forgot..I also painted my front skid plate silver

That looks great, thanks for the pics, it gives me an idea of finish product that you have black wheels too.

I like the silver skid plate idea too, wish I saw this earlier, I just sprayed it black while undercoating the whole car (what a mission .. still in progress).
And yeah, I was thinking the same like you, just keep the handles and the mirrors silver, it's balancing the darkness some .. thanks again for your opinion.

btw, you guys still have that much snow!!! that's crazy, we just finally start warming up here and more like spring feel

*I like the headlights too, what are those, any links to the product or where you got it from? I'm thinking about upgrading lights next

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,876 Posts
Switching plans, no more black paint on the Baja Rack air dam, but instead here is a sneak peak...

Attachments

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,917 Posts
Spent the first of three days at the performance garage sandblasting my bumper...that’s way more exhausting work than I realized, with a heavy air pump strapped around my waist and lugging heavy bags of black sand. Guys at the shop kept asking, “You’re SURE you want to do the sandblasting....you’re SURE???” Yup. Slow work - literally took all day to get every nook and cranny. Got the custom gunmetal paint mixed, and tomorrow it will look a LOT better! Doing my wheels too :grin Wish I’d done paint (not powder coat) right from the start :crying

Attachments

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Spent the first of three days at the performance garage sandblasting my bumper...that’s way more exhausting work than I realized, with a heavy air pump strapped around my waist and lugging heavy bags of black sand. Guys at the shop kept asking, “You’re SURE you want to do the sandblasting....you’re SURE???” Yup. Slow work - literally took all day to get every nook and cranny. Got the custom gunmetal paint mixed, and tomorrow it will look a LOT better! Doing my wheels too :grin Wish I’d done paint (not powder coat) right from the start :crying[/QUOTE

You look like a champion celebrating a victory!!!

Or a Gladiator...:|

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,917 Posts
Spent the first of three days at the performance garage sandblasting my bumper...that’s way more exhausting work than I realized, with a heavy air pump strapped around my waist and lugging heavy bags of black sand. Guys at the shop kept asking, “You’re SURE you want to do the sandblasting....you’re SURE???” Yup. Slow work - literally took all day to get every nook and cranny. Got the custom gunmetal paint mixed, and tomorrow it will look a LOT better! Doing my wheels too :grin Wish I’d done paint (not powder coat) right from the start :crying[/QUOTE

You look like a champion celebrating a victory!!!
Exactly how I felt! It was a gnarly task, and seemed to take forever, so it was almost surprising when I got it done :lol:

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Had my front seal replaced and finally got to put the skid plates back on. Can't wait to get my PRP seats in.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Spent the last 2 days working on color matching the grill bezel, front and rear valances, and door handles. Have to do lower portion of mirrors too. My painting skills are serious amateur hour. A run here, a run there, wet sand through clear, etc.

Only have the door handles and front valence on. I also used Rust-Oleum bedliner on the meshbin grill to freshen it up. While I had my bumper off I put my linex front bumper wings on. No pic of above stuff yet.

As a consolation finally a couple pics of my linex roof and the roof rack I got from E.JsF.J that I used Rust-Oleum bedliner on too.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
In preparation for the Texas summer...

1. replaced broken radiator fan clutch
  2. replaced punctured (aluminum) radiator coolant pipe
  3. recharged A/C
I figured there was something wrong with the A/C and/or cooling system because I always seemed to overheat when idling in the Texas summers, or "before" "everyone else" at off-road events. Didn't figure there'd be two issues.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
pulled the Allpro IFS skid off and changed the fluid in the front diff, changed the oil and filter, changed the fluid in the rear diff,(changed the transfer case when i had the trail gear skid off last service)

changed the serpentine belt it was time lots of small cracks in the belt. cleaned the air filter and re-oiled, cleaned the map sensor, greased u joints and slip joints.

put anti seize back on the skid plate bolts, also cleaned the K&N cabin filter. i have had a noise in the front end for a little while but it got worse last couple of weeks only did it sometimes when turning. when i got done today i jacked the front up both wheels off the ground.

found it light racing upper control arm bushing's bad. the rear bushing on both sides gone. passenger side was worse. that will be the weekend project. surprised that i was not getting tire wear or pulling. truck drives straight does not pull. brakes straight.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Spent the last 2 days working on color matching the grill bezel, front and rear valances, and door handles. Have to do lower portion of mirrors too. My painting skills are serious amateur hour. A run here, a run there, wet sand through clear, etc.

Only have the door handles and front valence on. I also used Rust-Oleum bedliner on the meshbin grill to freshen it up. While I had my bumper off I put my linex front bumper wings on. No pic of above stuff yet.

As a consolation finally a couple pics of my linex roof and the roof rack I got from E.JsF.J that I used Rust-Oleum bedliner on too.

Roof looks awesome! Can’t wait to see the finished product.

41001 - 41020 of 45872 Posts