Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41021 - 41040 of 45684 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,863 Posts
Boom! Feast your eyes on this beauty! Can’t wait to get it on the FJ and see how it looks. I was inspired by @Iconic_ and his custom roof rack air dam design so I wanted mine to stand out too!

Attachments

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,191 Posts
Spent the first of three days at the performance garage sandblasting my bumper...that’s way more exhausting work than I realized, with a heavy air pump strapped around my waist and lugging heavy bags of black sand. Guys at the shop kept asking, “You’re SURE you want to do the sandblasting....you’re SURE???” Yup. Slow work - literally took all day to get every nook and cranny. Got the custom gunmetal paint mixed, and tomorrow it will look a LOT better! Doing my wheels too :grin Wish I’d done paint (not powder coat) right from the start :crying
Great pic Deb,

looks like you blasted all the snow (winter) away too. Can't wait to see it finished an refitted.

·
Premium Member
10,864 Posts
Spent the first of three days at the performance garage sandblasting my bumper...that’s way more exhausting work than I realized, with a heavy air pump strapped around my waist and lugging heavy bags of black sand. Guys at the shop kept asking, “You’re SURE you want to do the sandblasting....you’re SURE???” Yup. Slow work - literally took all day to get every nook and cranny. Got the custom gunmetal paint mixed, and tomorrow it will look a LOT better! Doing my wheels too :grin Wish I’d done paint (not powder coat) right from the start :crying
Space Princess....Martian.

Looking great Deb

Cheers,
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Boom! Feast your eyes on this beauty! Can’t wait to get it on the FJ and see how it looks. I was inspired by @Iconic_ and his custom roof rack air dam design so I wanted mine to stand out too!
Looks great! Much better than "Baja Rack"!

·
Registered
33 Posts
After installing my rear bumper the car was in need of rear springs badly so I decided to go with Toytec Superflex HDs, and while I was at it I decided to order a pair of their rear bump stop blocks.

·
トヨタ Master
6,111 Posts
Looks great! Much better than "Baja Rack"!
Pics? I can see the half rack in Iconic's garage pic but no dam.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,863 Posts
Pics? I can see the half rack in Iconic's garage pic but no dam.
Here is a nice picture of Iconic_'s air dam decal. Pretty neat to take the usual ol' "Baja Rack" logo and turn it into something new!

Attachments

·
トヨタ Master
6,111 Posts
Here is a nice picture of Iconic_'s air dam decal. Pretty neat to take the usual ol' "Baja Rack" logo and turn it into something new!
Dam! :lol:

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,840 Posts
Day 2 done - 12 straight hours of sanding, grinding, prepping, painting, and so much fun getting to work alongside the pros and use their equipment, materials, learn their tricks. First coat of gunmetal grey on bumper and wheels - will be darker with subsequent coats but so far I’m loving it! :clap:

Attachments

·
トヨタ Master
6,111 Posts
Day 2 done - 12 straight hours of sanding, grinding, prepping, painting, and so much fun getting to work alongside the pros and use their equipment, materials, learn their tricks. First coat of gunmetal grey on bumper and wheels - will be darker with subsequent coats but so far I’m loving it! :clap:
Diggin' it! Method wheels look great on FJs anyway. The gray on yours will look choice. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,864 Posts
Well done Deb,
Gonna look like a way cool Mall Crawler.....
:rofl::rofl:

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,863 Posts
For your viewing pleasure, the first ever CruiserGear roof rack! (Or at least that's what it appears to be, ex-Baja Rack).

Blake who owns CruiserGear is a buddy of mine and knowing how much of a fan I am of his company I decided to sport his logo on my roof rack as I like it way more than the typical Baja Rack logo.

I used paint stripper to remove all the Baja Rack paint of the air dam and at first planned on painting it black and applying the decal once ready. But after the painting process was going less desirable than expected I resorted to plan B. I stripped the paint again and applied a vinyl covering on the surface of the aluminum air dam. I was so close to going with black as that was the original plan but then I saw he had RED so I went with that! I will be adding more red tints here and there in the future as it currently is a bit out of place in my opinion. But overall it turned out really nice!

Plus I replaced the old rusty hardware with new stuff from Lowes so removal in the future will go smoothly!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Sneak preview!!

Looks great Deb! Funny, I’ve been thinking about doing a gun metal or graphic style finish on my sliders when they come in. You might have given me inspiration to go for it. The black on the outer ring of the wheel looks awesome and will make for easy touch-up. Not that you’ll ever get a scratch in them... LOL!!

41021 - 41040 of 45684 Posts