Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

43241 - 43260 of 45706 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Purchased it on Amazon.ca from a seller named Eincar, my other unit is from Eonon, both generic Chinese
units and I believe they both have their own websites. It's running Android 7.1 and is the 2gb RAM version.
I had to get a bit creative with the dremel in order to get it to stick out this far, otherwise slightly modified brackets will let it sit back a bit into the dash and no other modifications would be required. Has a front and rear facing camera and all steering wheel buttons work with it.
Do you have the OEM sub? If so, does it still work with the new head unit?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Went out and picked up a friend for him. We got the wife a 2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium same color as my FJ TRD SE.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Attempted to wire up the voltmeter but it's not giving me a sign of life. I hooked up the pos + to an Addacircuit to the fuse panel (for the time being) to a key/ign slot. The neg - went that the to a bolt on the A pillar that I sanded to bare metal. What gives. Bottom bluesea gauge is the volt meter. I've seen the a pillar be used as a ground point before. Any Advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Attempted to wire up the voltmeter but it's not giving me a sign of life. I hooked up the pos + to an Addacircuit to the fuse panel (for the time being) to a key/ign slot. The neg - went that the to a bolt on the A pillar that I sanded to bare metal. What gives. Bottom bluesea gauge is the volt meter. I've seen the a pillar be used as a ground point before. Any Advice?
Have you tried flipping the add-a-circuit?

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,203 Posts
Installed PIAA LED driving lights.
Every time I see your FJ I love it more... That front bumper is perfect...or it would be if it went on a diet but it does look great.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Have you tried flipping the add-a-circuit?
We made contact. Didn't have a test light but the slots up top were not hot so no signal. Moved it down between the two 15amp fuses. Thanks for the suggestion!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Been distracted looking at my volt meter lol. Thanks @mikey for the tutorial/install DIY. Starts at 11.6-.9v at cold and maybe signs my battery is aging. I have a remanfactured yota alternator so it's newer. Starting 14.3v after it got warm, settled at 13.7. So I installed the DIY voltage booster and now it's healthy for my new battery going in tomorrow.

3/11/19 Update my post: my battery seems to be fully charged as of late. I wonder if my starter is seeing wear. I should probably look into it further. Old battery tested 12.6 off the terminals. New battery was about 12.4. Possibly because it had been sitting on the shelf. When I do my fuse block, most likely will wire the voltmeter closer to the battery for a true reading.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Entered the PIDs for the Trans Temps into Torque. While I was sitting idling the trans temps stayed pretty matched up. Driving in local traffic the torque converter started to pull away from the pan temp. Up hill to top of Mt Scott the TC got about 15 degrees ahead and by time I got home they were equal again.

Checked the two Voltages. The adapter was within 0.1v when checked with my DMM at the battery. The ECU was about 0.5v low

TTP is the pan temp and TCT is the torque converter.

IMG_0015.jpg

Time to start sorting through the PIDs to see what else is lurking in there :smile

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
1. Got an alignment done.
2. Finished putting together my Expedition One Ultra Mule roof rack.
3. Mounted Aurora 40" light bar on rack.
4. Made custom brackets for the backup camera that will be bolted to the rack.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Looks like you'll need to update your post signature.:wink

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Since it was sunny out today I figured I would do some spring cleaning .
I drained the cooling system and flushed . Then I swapped out the thermostat and hoses just for fun . I changed the serpentine belt ( much quieter now ) and Adjusted my Coilovers . Then got underneath and started cleaning her up .

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Just made the final payment. She is all mine now!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
3/11/19 Update my previous battery post: I don't want to misinform anyone on how to properly measure your battery. Make sure to measure at the terminals/closest to it for a true reading without the vehicle on (and terminals disconnected if possible). My battery seems to be fully charged as of late. I wonder if my starter is seeing wear. I should probably look into it further. Old battery tested 12.6 off the terminals. New battery was about 12.4. Possibly because it had been sitting on the shelf. When I do my fuse block, most likely will wire the voltmeter closer to the battery for a true reading. Old battery still looks good, may have a load test performed on it at the store.

Attachments

43241 - 43260 of 45706 Posts