Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

43401 - 43420 of 45352 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
got the light bar installed; not wired yet because i ran out of daylight. but it gets the light bar out of the garage where it's been for a few years.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
American racing rims "mohave II's"

And Comforser 285/75R17s with matching spare.
Did a lift a few months back in prep for this
They look great. Not over-sized, but easily an upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Haven't been paying enough attention to Jade.

Started her in the morning to relocate in another parking spot and noticed see was a little slow to crank. Popped the VSC and ABS lights, no others.

Took her for a ride and charged the battery a little. Shutdown and restarted, the lights were gone. Didn't go into panic mode, I've read the threads about low batteries, alternator issues :grin

I have to find out why the ODB adapter is not going into sleep mode, or more precisely, why it doesn't come out without removing and reinserting the adapter.

Put the charger on, need to get in a long trip more often.

34M.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

·
トヨタ Master
5,579 Posts

Started her in the morning to relocate in another parking spot and noticed see was a little slow to crank. Popped the VSC and ABS lights, no others.

Took her for a ride and charged the battery a little. Shutdown and restarted, the lights were gone. Didn't go into panic mode, I've read the threads about low batteries, alternator issues :grin

I have to find out why the ODB adapter is not going into sleep mode, or more precisely, why it doesn't come out without removing and reinserting the adapter.

At least you've got the right charger. Maybe it's time for another one of your PNW adventures. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

:bigthumb::wave::blueblob::rocker:

Lee, a trip to the dunes would’ve been the ticket to charging your batteries. Missed you there! We’ll have to get some runs in soon buddy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The exhaust tip was looking kinda crusty so I painted it with Rustoleum 2000 degree paint.
Then I completed my platform I built last week by securing it with turn buckles. I also added a couple of Sterlite 40qt stackable containers. They are pretty sturdy and less then $10. I'm happy with how it all turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Serviced all kinds of stuff today since the weather was so nice in VA. First time doing all this (bought the FJ a few weeks ago, 07 6MT with 65K):

Engine oil - mobil 1, oil filter - oem, air filter - oem, trans fluid - redline, transfer case/rear diff/front diff - amsoil severe gear, spark plugs - denso coppers, greased the driveline (looked like it had never been done before :/), and cabin air filter.

Boy that rear diff fill plug was a PITA to get loose - had to borrow my buddies huge impact drill to get it off

Also cleaned the MAF and throttle body, which sure needed it - I should have taken a picture of how dirty the TB was

Feels damn good to get all that done

·
Premium Member
365 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
FINALLY installed my KINGS in the front, only been sitting in the garage since July. It also happened to be a good time for my Co2 tank to run dry. Wrenched on it the old fashioned way.....The Armstrong way. Still knocked out the install in under 2 hours.

3 turns on the collar on the drivers side and the FJ is within 1/8" from side to side.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Showed those nasty old impact bolts who was boss and got that N-Fab RSP bumper on. The gap in the middle is aesthetically weak, but I can deal with it until I get some lights and/or a receiving hitch in there. I might end up blacking out the bash plate too.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Driving home yesterday I had a good size squeak develop. It sounds a lot like when the hood latch came loose before so that's where I will start. I`m going to give the FJ a once over see if I can find that annoying ass noise :)

43401 - 43420 of 45352 Posts