Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

43501 - 43520 of 47123 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
That's great to hear! Exactly where the FJ rolls most of the time. It's hard to locate power adder mods to be exactly sure it's doing something, if anything at all, so I've held off on engine upgrades. After I do a rebuild in the future, I'd love to consider these kinds of things. Got a link to the Raptor hardware for anyone that's interested? Thanks for sharing

Ps 50bhp is more around 20-30hp after everything is factored. Also with transmission adjustment, not sure how it's altered but could make for more aggressive seat off the pants driving. April fools or not, it's not too far fetched is it :lol: @Thorn661
G'Day JP,
Yup.... even 30hp real world is enough to make me smile..... hahahaha

I think I might start a new thread to centralise info on this ...it will get spread out in here....

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

edit: linking back to new thread.
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/engine-performance/732214-raptor-ecu-flash.html

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's awesome. I thought about doing this when I first got mine. This brings it back up. Who am I kidding, life and kids will delay this again.
Still awesome!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I have a 3-year-old and another one on the way. You can do it! :)

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Picked her up from the body shop. She's a 15-footer... she looks really good 15 ft away :lol: while not all that bad, there's many afterthoughts and small things I should have paid attention to. And fiberglass fitment is never guaranteed so keeping that in mind.. back on the streets

Attachments

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Picked her up from the body shop. She's a 15-footer... she looks really good 15 ft away :lol: while not all that bad, there's many afterthoughts and small things I should have paid attention to. And fiberglass fitment is never guaranteed so keeping that in mind.. back on the streets
Nah dude, That thing looks great

·
Registered
883 Posts
Great look. I like what you did with the white on the roof.

Reactions: jamesepoop

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
First time changing the rear differential fluid myself. For those few of you out there who've never done it, if you're prepared, it's the easiest thing in the world.

What you'll need:

Two crush gaskets, part number 12157-10010 (you can re-use the old ones, but it's better to replace)
4 quarts of 75w90 gear oil (you'll only use 3.1 to 3.12 quarts)
Torque wrench set to 36LB/Feet
24mm (a 15/16 socket also works)
Drain pan
About 40 minutes of time​

The process is very straightforward.

Use the 24mm socket to remove the fill plug (the higher one on the differential case). Clean it off.
Position your drain pan under the drain plug and remove the drain plug using the same socket.
Give the rear differential case 20-30 minutes to drain completely.
The drain plug is magnetic, designed to attract metal shavings from the rear differential gears. Clean it well.
Remove the old, flattened crush gaskets, and replace them with new ones. Side note: the common consensus is that it doesn't matter which way the gaskets face.
Put the drain plug back onto the rear differential case. Hand tighten, then torque to 36LB/Feet
Squeeze just over 3 quarts of 75w90 gear oil into the fill hole.
Put the fill plug back onto the rear differential case. Hand tighten, then torque to 36LB/Feet.
Clean up your mess, you slob. You're done.​

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
@cliffy @CRFjockey thanks for the support as always. You know the biggest critic is our own word (usually). There's just several things I need to start modifying to the fit but least it's started. The roof is an homage to the past wide body FJs. Not sure who started it since the first wide body Donahue racing FJ was black and red. Todd "air2air" may have been the first when he created his Uber FJ. I've seen some wide fenders get lost in the OE paint and I think this helps accentuate the new lines.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,158 Posts
@cliffy @CRFjockey thanks for the support as always. You know the biggest critic is our own word (usually). There's just several things I need to start modifying to the fit but least it's started. The roof is an homage to the past wide body FJs. Not sure who started it since the first wide body Donahue racing FJ was black and red. Todd "air2air" may have been the first when he created his Uber FJ. I've seen some wide fenders get lost in the OE paint and I think this helps accentuate the new lines.
Woah JP not only does it accentuate the wide fenders, but it’s also unique! Love the look, and the silver on those curves is perfection :smile I don’t see anything wrong with the fiberglass fitment....all looks clean and even in your pics. Congrats on an amazing transformation :rocker:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Put the 33" summer wheels back on! Been waiting for this for long months driving on the stock size winter tires. Hope to get a 33" winter set for the next season!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Power washed all the winter crap off the underbody, and sprayed cleaner/degreaser everywhere. Then used Eastwoods internal frame coating on the back half the car and then used their rust encapsulator on the outside of the frame and on the rear axle and other various parts back there. Took forever to do with all the wire brushing prep but it looks like new now!

Will tackle the front half next weekend

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Hit all the old suspension components with PB blaster in preparation for next weekend's Toytec BOSS kit install.

43501 - 43520 of 47123 Posts