Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

43841 - 43860 of 45349 Posts

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,660 Posts
Doubtful the U.S. models have them, I've never heard so anyway.
When I was doing my PS pump, cooler, filter I was told - and showed - that ours do indeed have an OE power steering “cooler”. I can’t reacall exact details but was surprised how small and flimsy it was, and wondered how it could make any difference. IIRC (which is dubious because I didn’t really pay it a great deal of attention, and it’s almost 2 years ago) it was essentially an extra bit of metal pipe. Looks nothing like the coolers we are attaching. Maybe @amaclach can elaborate :wink

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Finally got the professional alignment done. No damage done by that little mishap of the UCA balljoint slipping out of place. Thank God.

Also, replaced a missing bit of plastic on the rear door hinge (larger middle piece), courtesy of @Firemedic831!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I went to get a paint estimate at the local paint shop. The guy told me $4500 and that's if I do the body work, Sand it and take off all the extras ( bumpers, roof rack etc. ) That's way more than I was thinking it would be. Looks like my truck isn`t getting painted anytime soon. I might come up with some DIY project on it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
I went to get a paint estimate at the local paint shop. The guy told me $4500 and that's if I do the body work, Sand it and take off all the extras ( bumpers, roof rack etc. ) That's way more than I was thinking it would be. Looks like my truck isn`t getting painted anytime soon. I might come up with some DIY project on it. :)
Wrap it .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Installed a driver's side max PSD from Orange Boxx Fabrication. I cannot believe how much room I now have to store some of my doodads just from this one molle panel! GREAT product! Saving up to get a folding PSD for the rear door to get the rest of my crap strapped in for the ride!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I started to build some drawers tonight. After seeing IDFJ’s keg in the back of his, I’m thinking of how to incorporate a 5gal keg, some light refrigeration and a tap....should the tap go on the inside or outside of the rear door?????

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
But aren't prerunners 2wd??
Yup. I believe that's how the good word started but it's evolved over time. Now it's something along the lines of anyone (2wd, 4wd, no wheels) that runs race course trails in their truck. Why I always will prefer 5AT to 6MT on the FJ . We get selectable 2HI with locker :wink

·
Registered
946 Posts
Take it down to Line-X and have it coated in bedliner. Now that mine is paid for, I am considering this. Dont know if it would be any cheaper though.

Attachments

43841 - 43860 of 45349 Posts