Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

45101 - 45120 of 45335 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, with the instructions in the link, you can buy a key from amazon, and the only additional cost is just getting it cut? You do not need to pay for the chip programming? That’s usually the expensive part..
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes for the 2007 FJC because that year does not have the chipped key. 2008 and up all have a chip. But there instructions online for how to program the chip as well. See the link below.

http://www.diy-time.com/automotive/toyota/program-chip-toyota-key-remote-fob/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Desert Moderator
5,603 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
Started on my wiring redo. This will take a couple more evenings, but it'll be worth it!
Don't forget to burn yourself with soldering gun and the mandatory test clicks of your side cutters before cutting.

·
Desert Moderator
5,603 Posts
Don't forget to burn yourself with soldering gun and the mandatory test clicks of your side cutters before cutting.
I use a gas soldering iron, and I have only the deepest respect for that thing...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today I installed new lower ball joints, tie rod ends and sway bar ends (all MOOG brand). I like the fact that many MOOG parts are greaseable as my old OEM parts were starting to leak (actually the sway bar ends were not leaking but since I was in there...). The integrated boot/dust cover design on the lower ball joint is different than OEM but has good reviews so figured it was worth a shot. I was surprised by how much firmer it felt driving afterwards or maybe just my imagination (sort of like a freshly waxed car seems to drive faster...). Off to go do some upland bird hunting tomorrow which means time to put the new parts to the test!

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've been pushing my front bearings hard, and the roar increased over this week. Jacked it up, and there is just too much play in them. So have an appt to get them swapped out along with LCA bushings/bolts on Monday.

New bearings, LCA hardware + labor = $1000

Yes - I could do this myself, but I need my FJC as it is my daily driver, and my artificial knee hates being on concrete for more than just a few minutes. You have to make concessions to things like that...
:mecry:

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I'm very careful with the gun. Usually, I drip solder on my shin and/or feet. Luckily I've played soccer and ridden bmx since I was a small child so my shins and feet are numb.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm very careful with the gun. Usually, I drip solder on my shin and/or feet. Luckily I've played soccer and ridden bmx since I was a small child so my shins and feet are numb.

Same, can’t feel a thing on top of my feet, it’s a blessing and a curse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
356 Posts
My son brought the genset tank in. I have to move my hi-lift and traction mats to fit it, but it looks like it will easily be lower than my lights if I hang it from the lower rail of the rack. The pet**** is at one end, so a little tilt should be great for draining fuel.

Guess I'll clean it while the paint remover goes to work on my wheels...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
My FJ's least desirable configuration to date. I left bump stop spacer on the rear, sans fenders and lifted extra high with baby tires.
Please reframe from Speaking to me until such issues are corrected . Baby tires :surprise:rofl::blueblob:

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Glued some more stuff together today .

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
40 days after my total hip replacement surgery I climbed into the FJ without a problem. I still had to drive with my seat all the way back and tilted back a little for my hip and leg to be within the surgeon's boundary. I drove downtown to have my new black steel wheels installed and then to Toyota to have them install my new OEM rock rails. Here are the before and after photos. Plus I installed the spare tire cover on Wednesday. Normally I would not have had one but I thought I'd play it safe with this Arizona sun at high altitude.

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
40 days after my total hip replacement surgery I climbed into the FJ without a problem. I still had to drive with my seat all the way back and tilted back a little for my hip and leg to be within the surgeon's boundary. I drove downtown to have my new black steel wheels installed and then to Toyota to have them install my new OEM rock rails. Here are the before and after photos. Plus I installed the spare tire cover on Wednesday. Normally I would not have had one but I thought I'd play it safe with this Arizona sun at high altitude.
I figured since my hip and knee replacements didn't hinder my FJ driving - you would be just fine!

Wheels look nice against all that white.

45101 - 45120 of 45335 Posts