Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

45621 - 45640 of 45722 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Installed my new 100W HID lights on bumper light bar. Wired remote winch switch in cabin and replaced my charge controller for my roof solar panel. Then slipped on my new steering wheel cover Santa sent, and installed my new rear cargo mat his elf left me...

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
why I want that new 56" box...
Organization is the key to preventative safety measures. Treat yourself to a 72" :sneaky:

We made a tool that simply slides over the open end of the wrench for a little more leverage. It's literally an old jack handle with a rectangular slot cut out in one end.
Probably should have just chopped up my jack handle. I have some conduit pipe that's flared similar to what you do but I use that for smaller torque. I need to get a proper tool box one day. Here's what we came up with to hold cam in place to make it much easier. New gears are in
20200105_131313-01.jpeg

·
Desert Moderator
5,831 Posts
Installed my new 100W HID lights on bumper light bar. Wired remote winch switch in cabin and replaced my charge controller for my roof solar panel. Then slipped on my new steering wheel cover Santa sent, and installed my new rear cargo mat his elf left me...
100w HID... crikey.
Make sure you turn those bad boys off before you approach reflective signs... my 35w HID headlights are bad enough undipped...

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
100w HID... crikey.
Make sure you turn those bad boys off before you approach reflective signs... my 35w HID headlights are bad enough undipped...
The helicopters that I worked on in AZ had a 500 watt HID searchlight. That thing was awesome. There were warnings to not use it on the ground as it was capable of igniting grass, and not to stand in the beam if there was any petroleum products on ones clothing. The lamp was filled with high pressure gas. In order to remove any covers on it we had to dress in full welding leathers, safety glasses and a full face shield.

Then I look at my 35 watt lamps. They really throw the light out there.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
amaclach said:
100w HID... crikey.
Burn ya' Bastard

burn.jpg

·
Registered
446 Posts
100w HID... crikey.
They are auxiliary - for use offroad. Mounted on my Jeep lightbar bolted to my DeMello front bumper. I know they are bright, because you have about 10 minutes to get the covers off of them before they melt...:)

·
Registered
482 Posts
@hupptoy which rear basket is that? Do you have any pics? Looking to order one. Thanks.
Rear tray is a homemade one I picked up at a yard sale many years ago. It has a welded 1/4" wall steel tube frame with and welded aluminum top. SS bolts hold the top to the frame. I added SS eye bolts for additional tie down points. Any pics I have of it, it is loaded with tires or vacation stuff. If I find one unloaded, I'll update my post.

UPDATE: Pic from when I painted 8 years ago. Aluminum top was originally unpainted. 20120418_210452.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
View attachment 1119849 View attachment 1119858 View attachment 1119859 View attachment 1119860

New TRD Pro wheels and LT285/70R17D Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tires for the wife's FJ. Decided to try something new. Don't have many miles on them yet, but they are smoother than the stock sized BFG A/T "E" rated that she's had on for the last year. Quiet and smooth on the highway so far. View attachment 1119849 View attachment 1119858 View attachment 1119859 View attachment 1119860
Any plans to sell the old TT wheels?? I'm interested if you are.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
@Sanderhawk I didn't know how easy and quick to remove the bolts to take off the upper intake. Everything is much easier after you've broken the difficult surrounding clips and ends at least once 🤔
Oh yeah I`ve done it a couple times before. Its just been awhile. Its down in the teens at night and in the 30`s during the day. Don`t feel like doing it in the cold. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Painted the spare tire cover black using rustoleum automotive primer and then a couple coats of their pro truck bed liner.

Next up is the silver trim pieces on the rear bumper (and I suppose the spare tire could use a cleaning as well)

45621 - 45640 of 45722 Posts