Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

45641 - 45660 of 47067 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Since it's so cold in my garage, there isn't much I can do after I just bought it, so Im doing the small things.
Polished the headlights.
Removed the pods on the dash and buffed the plastic on the compass which was faded or stained. After polish didn't do anything I pulled out the bug spray and that cleared it right up..
New front and rear plate frames were installed. Found a thick rubber one online which is really nice for the front in case someone taps the car. Yeah, it will not do much, but can't hurt and looks really good.
Removed diffuser on side mirrors, buffed them, installed amber bulbs.
Bought Dick Cepek trail country exp's 285/70/17's and put them in the basement to go with the new pro comp hammers I will install in the spring. Bought tire paint and filled in the Dick Cepek outlined letters. I have a 2008 white trails team with bf all terrains and I realyy like how the tire lettering works with the white car. Wasn't really a fan of the outline lettering on the cepeks
Bought Toytec front leveling springs, in the basement those go as well.
Tightened every screw/bolt in the fenders and anywhere else I could find some. Yes, I'm anal.

·
11,203 Posts
Sightline wipers and Rad Rubbers.

The Anco refill arm on the driver's side was too long, even though it was the proper size and was hitting the weather stripping and cowl panel. Chipping the paint. :mad:

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,143 Posts

The Anco refill arm on the driver's side was too long, even though it was the proper size and was hitting the weather stripping and cowl panel. Chipping the paint. :mad:
Sightlune are the only wipers tha really fit our FJs - I’ve tried other brands with a variety of failures, but chipping paint is a new one to add to the list.

·
Desert Moderator
6,711 Posts
Left it parked in the driveway for the next few days.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,561 Posts
Finally got around to taking the (only) live out from the fuse box on accessory live to a relay feeding a fuse box. It was fine, only two low amp circuits off it for now but better done this way. six way fuse box on the firewall with double sided foam tape... a bit short of ‘real estate‘ anywhere else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No pictures as its been messy all weekend but just installed Front Recovery Points (from Road Runner Offroad) that I scored off Facebook Marketplace from a fellow FJ owner out West who couldn't install as had an aftermarket bumper.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Installed a set of Refined Off-road shock mount armor and spent some time cleaning and painting my lower link mount armor. They look a little bit better now.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
BUSY weekend

GOBI rack removed for repainting of the roof , new wires ran in the rack for rear lights, maxtrac and awning brackets installed

planned out homemade awning and rear cargo drawers.

SCUBA
took about 15 mins, not the most complex but routed the breathers up to the fuel door, out of cabin.
DITCH Brackets
brackets installed , waiting for the lights to arrive to wire them to the SPOD.
Headunit Swap
Alpine ILX-W650 out, Alpine CDE-172BT In
USB
Bluesea Dual USB in console

CB Install in process
wires ran, not connected

US offroad Winch Mount / Smittybilt 10k mounted together , need to install on FJ

Toytec ALUMA waiitng for install, boxes opened and admired :love::love::love:

·
Registered
242 Posts

Sightlune are the only wipers tha really fit our FJs - I’ve tried other brands with a variety of failures, but chipping paint is a new one to add to the list.
Never had any problems with wipers on the FJ. Are you guys using the correct sizes? 16" on the driver's side and 14" for the other two?

·
トヨタ Master
7,972 Posts
Never had any problems with wipers on the FJ. Are you guys using the correct sizes? 16" on the driver's side and 14" for the other two?
I never have either. I use Trico.

·
Premium Member
12,395 Posts
Same here. Last time I bought 3 @ 14".....couldn't even tell.

Reactions: Hannibal

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I run 14 inch wipers for all 3 wipers. You can`t even notice a difference. :)

Reactions: Hannibal

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,971 Posts
Today my world got a little brighter with the X6S 25" LED light bar from Extreme LEDs that I installed on my Expedition One bumper. I loved the look of these slim LED bars and I knew the rare 25" size from Extreme LEDs would fit perfectly on the Expedition One bumper if I mounted it correctly.

With where I wanted to mount it, the mounts it came with were not quite tall enough. I had a local 4Runner owner who does welding/fab work extend them 1/2" taller so they would clear properly and upon getting them today I finally installed the LED bar!

It looks great, is nice and sleek and clean, and is bright! Since I already have the amber fog lights from Baja Designs I might change out the lenses to make it all white but I will keep it amber/white for now.

45641 - 45660 of 47067 Posts