Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

45661 - 45680 of 45722 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
installed a Boztec mount last night and I swear my mileage went up at least six degrees and my acceleration from 25 to 35 was reduced by 15 revolutions!

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Old tires

New tires

Muy pleased! The FJ looks so butch now!

The other day I drove a coworker over to a job site. She’s short. Like, 5’ nuthin short. She opened the door, looked at the seat height, glared at me then grabbed the handle to help jump her way up. Now it’s even higher off of the ground, she’s never going to ride with me again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,679 Posts
-35C.....started her every 2 hours for ~10min while at work...…….we don't have any plug ins.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
-35C.....started her every 2 hours for ~10min while at work...…….we don't have any plug ins.
Glade doesn't sell their plug ins way up there in the Great White North?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy folks,

I am newer FJ coverter, I got my 2012 FJ last December... So this has been bugging me. The backup camera is mounted in the wheel well of my spare. It appears to be anchored by a metal S shaped device with 2 bolts holding it in place. So I got myself an FJ Wheel cover with the backup camera cut out and it totally obstructs the camera. WTH? I want to know if this is where the OEM camera is mounted. I purchased this from a non-Toyota dealership so I wonder if they funky-ed it up somehow? Thanks a lot.

Gina
IMG-0103.jpg
IMG-0105.jpg
IMG-0106.jpg
IMG-0103.jpg
IMG-0105.jpg
IMG-0106.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Howdy folks,

I am newer FJ coverter, I got my 2012 FJ last December... So this has been bugging me. The backup camera is mounted in the wheel well of my spare. It appears to be anchored by a metal S shaped device with 2 bolts holding it in place. So I got myself an FJ Wheel cover with the backup camera cut out and it totally obstructs the camera. WTH? I want to know if this is where the OEM camera is mounted. I purchased this from a non-Toyota dealership so I wonder if they funky-ed it up somehow? Thanks a lot.

Gina View attachment 1120331 View attachment 1120332 View attachment 1120333 View attachment 1120331 View attachment 1120332 View attachment 1120333
Welcome to the Forum!

First pic is the Frisbee with camera cutout.

This is what is the OEM spare mount looks like, without the camera and bracket that holds it. From what I can see it looks correct. What does the frisbee look like.
IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Coolant drank and fill And new cabin air filter. Dealership told me cv boots are leaking. They only want to charge me $1000 to fix them.:confused:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Coolant drank and fill And new cabin air filter. Dealership told me cv boots are leaking. They only want to charge me $1000 to fix them.:confused:
If the boots aren't torn there are replacement clamps available cheap. Many of us have had a bit of leakage after lifting.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A couple of days ago, I found a used set of Hella 500s locally pretty cheap. so I picked them up. I already have a set of Factory ones on my bumper and another set in my roof airdam. The bumper ones, have "Hella" rock grilles since I use them often. The roof ones have the Factory "FJ" covers. I had another set of the FJ covers, so I decided to install these used ones on the front side of my roof rack, to use for extra lighting when hunting or other offroad stuff. I have a LED bulbs in all the others so I have some for these due tomorrow. SO far right now they aren't wired in yet. I will just tie them in with the other roof lights, since they will only be used offroad.

45661 - 45680 of 45722 Posts