Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

45681 - 45700 of 45844 Posts

·
A-Team Moderator
8,983 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
If the boots aren't torn there are replacement clamps available cheap. Many of us have had a bit of leakage after lifting.
My fj hasn’t been lifted. I looked at the cracks when it was on the lift today. They looked very, very small and I couldn’t see much leaking. There was some but not a big amount. Dont know if clamps will work or not. Either way, I think I can find a cheaper option even if they do need replaced.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Started working on getting the battery cables and isolator location worked out. Turns out one of the few tool I don’t have is a stranded wire cutter. Dambit!
So I started working on getting the CB installed. But I got hungry after I got the antenna base mounted to the bracket. I got that done and played with the quick release mount a bit then went inside to have some dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I had to buy a new computer and some software and finally a tpms reader/activator but I finally have the new pressure sensors being read by the FJ.

It would have been cheaper to get a shop to do it but I’m too hardheaded for that.

If anyone is interested it’s this toy......tool:

Autel TPMS Relearn Tool TS401 with Autel MX-Sensor Program Function and Other Brand Sensor Relearn Service (without OBDII Cable)

EDIT:

This is the problem I was having. Is that D00B77B? or 000877B? or is it D00877B? It could be 000377B or is it........? The tool I bought gave me the number and woke them up so I could get them put into the FJ's brain.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Finally!! I have a winch! Parts, including Metal Tech 4x4 Stronghold bumper, an Engo SR10 winch (also from Metal Tech; and install from Emmett's Auto Repair in Klamath Falls, OR) and a set of 'bumper-wing eliminators' from Rich Casella's website. Here's a pictorial history:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Those green ones take all of the additional parts the best, IMO.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I finally got both batteries hooked up to the isolator. Even made my own battery cables for a pretty nice set up. Made up some new curse words while trying to get the second battery positive cable attached. I suppose I could have looked up the battery tie down. But I’m too hardheaded for that and just now thought about it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
After getting my Iconic skid and recovery point on I had a little time left to get the cargo area organized. After putting all the recovery/roadside gear in a Pelican case on the roof rack last week, I had some room to play with in my Springtail basket. Just enough space for the extinguisher, 40oz of water, leather gloves, hatchet, flashlight, folding saw, a hundred yards of paracord, and a MyMedic first aid kit that I spread out in the Springtail molle bag so that it's easier to find things in an emergency. Everything fits snug with no rattling and is easy to grab. A couple tool rolls fit in the jack compartment perfectly along with some tie-downs.
fullsizeoutput_b90.jpeg p4574LamQ1+4DpgisDhRwg.jpg co1b2u9XQZuhHJOU49KyeA.jpg AQe1iImrT%e9E3Roi85PzA.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,788 Posts
Relieved it of its burden......been towing a loaded sled trailer all last week and carrying all the fun extra stuff( gear, oil, 25G of fuel, hotshots....)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ordered a set of 1.25” spidertrax off Amazon only to have a used set pop up locally the day they arrived, for half the price. Surprised they made such a positive noticeable difference in the ride, and now it doesn’t look so much like she’s going to fall over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
205 Posts
Replaced rear coils with SAWs and cranked up the front coilovers a little. Better. Smoother.
Does anybody else find it ridiculous that $2k coilovers don't come with the spanner needed to adjust them though? Or is it just me?

View attachment 1120664
Yes. But from what I read on here, they’re worthless for adjusting most front coil overs...which is even more ridiculous

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
had some weird noises after the new tires were put on. that's when I remembered to take the mud flaps off. that made the noises go away. It's a good thing I'm pretty....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes. But from what I read on here, they’re worthless for adjusting most front coil overs...which is even more ridiculous
Not sure how the original wrench would have worked, as I didn't buy it ($65 for a spanner, really, Fox?), but I was able to adjust mine using a generic spanner wrench and a pin punch. Only needed the pin punch for when the set screw was in the way, so for like 1/8 of a turn for each full rotation.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not sure how the original wrench would have worked, as I didn't buy it ($65 for a spanner, really, Fox?), but I was able to adjust mine using a generic spanner wrench and a pin punch. Only needed the pin punch for when the set screw was in the way, so for like 1/8 of a turn for each full rotation.
That’s ridiculous

45681 - 45700 of 45844 Posts