Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

45701 - 45720 of 45839 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I gave Trigger a good bath. Had to really scrub to remove road grime. My silver colored wheels weren’t really bronze color. Rediscovered the keying a crazy ass bitch Prius driver did to my passenger door which explains the stink eye she gave me as she walked by. Sand Storm is really a great color because it doesn’t show the dirt, trail stripes and paint chips.....much!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Removed the SPOD system, and removed all cabling for it. Going back to switches and relays, they are more glove friendly in -5 temps.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Tested Alternator, only kicking around 20 amps time to replace after 210108 miles.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Pulled the middle box out of the FJ to mount the RedArc BCdc unit, fuse blocks and the 4 channel MDVR.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Starting on the mod list... Swapped out the stock horn for a better "highway blaster". Very simple install, probably took longer to pull the tab off the oem horn.

#1 of dozens of mods to do - ✅

Oem little car horn 😂

New horn

·
Premium Member
11,782 Posts
My S.A.W.'s came with a spanner wrench - worked quite well. My KINGS came with a drift/punch style adjuster - not as much fun as it requires some harrumph as the coil starts to compress but it still worked.

·
Registered
809 Posts
My S.A.W.'s came with a spanner wrench - worked quite well. My KINGS came with a drift/punch style adjuster - not as much fun as it requires some harrumph as the coil starts to compress but it still worked.
My Icons came with the pinned spanner, didn't get one with the Foxs so I just used a long hardened bolt. I cut the threaded portion off and the non threaded shaft of the bolt was a nice snug fit. (approx. 5/16") It was way easier to use a large dead blow to tap on the bolt and rotate the collar than crank on it by hand. I was hell bent on not removing them to adjust. I didn't even have to pull the wheels off to crank them up a few turns. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Pulled my bumper and made it Deb Proof 💪. Added gussets and some Clevis mounts

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got some much needed new shoes for my FJ!! Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/70R17, E load rated, 10 ply. (Fun fact: made in Thailand) Did a lot of research on tire make/model as well as size, and so far I’m happy with the decision. my top 3 picks were these, Nitto Terra Grappler, or BFG AT K02. Currently stock suspension and am very close to the body Mount but haven’t noticed rubbing in the 5 mile ride home. Ride is noticeably more sure footed. Not the best pics, Just a quick before and after. Discount tire matched Amazon’s price:) bilstien 5100’s are in the garage next in line for leveling up the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I went to the dealer today to pick up some WS trans fluid and spark plugs. As soon as I got to the counter and told the parts guy I have an 07 FJ he says if you ever want to sell it let me know. I told him its my forever truck so keep looking :)

45701 - 45720 of 45839 Posts