Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

45761 - 45780 of 46658 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Removed the seats last week, and started welding a platform for the rear cargo area. I used 1.5" square tube and welded some mounting tabs to the attach to the rear hold down points. I also welded some tabs to middle crossbar, they attach to some bolt on points where the seats were.I am going to insert some 3/4" wood in between the frame work on front and back so its flush with the top. Now I am contemplating on hinging the front section to access the small area under the platform where the seats were, and how to do it.
20200201_130742.jpg

·
Registered
979 Posts
After bending another sway bar link ever so slightly, I decided to reach out the the guys in the weld shop at my work for a little help.
They gave my links an "upgrade" by welding some half inch steel reinforcements to them. They are pretty solid now. Hopefully this does the job and I dont bend another one anytime soon.
I am actually pretty disgusted by how crappy these links are in OEM form.

·
Registered
979 Posts
How do you keep bending links?
I havent figured that out yet. I am pretty hard on the FJ. It gets abused quite frequently.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I studied that show in preparation for my driving test. That show, Night Court, Cheers and Mash were the best night lineup! And Remington Steele!! Then the pinnacle show was Magnum, P.I., of course. Good Times!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Put it outside, for the first time since I bought it, on a regular basis because I bought a Toyota Supra 2020. Feel bad about it and need a good car cover.

Any suggestions on a good cover for the FJ? 77 thousand miles and runs great and looks good and taken me many places that even other guys have flipped. So need to protect it. :^)
How’s the new BMW?? I’m very tempted to get one myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Got my 2nd FJ today & brought 'er home!
TexasFJWarrior & I worked a deal on the 2007 silver (Titanium?) he was selling.
Great guy, BTW!
Silver FJC.gif

So now I have twins! (That are 4 yrs apart...)
And it is SWMBO approved!!! ?

D ? ?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I ran over a big screw with my BFG KO2's and saw my TPMS readings automatically pop up on my Kenwood. I pulled out the screw with some pliers, added a little air with my Airhawk, and drove right to Discount Tire. They fixed it for free. I had to reset my TPMS locations because when I had my tires rotated last, apparently they forgot to recalibrate and my readings showed the driver side front low when really it was driver side rear. Oh well, at least the head unit automatic popup was a nice surprise.

45761 - 45780 of 46658 Posts