Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

45781 - 45800 of 46068 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Installed a 3.4/2.0 usb charger in one of the blanks. Sanded it down lightly with scotch brite pad. Looks and works great. Removed front bumper, wired wheeled any rust I found, not much, coated with rust reformer, let dry 24 hours, sprayed with rustoleaum pro under coating.

·
Registered
972 Posts
do you have any pictures of the fitment? Hard to fit those in our FJ's with minimal nooks and crannies
I just sacrificed most of the back for two 12 inch subs. I will be sacrificing all of it when I step up to four 12's. Price to pay I guess.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Removed the seats last week, and started welding a platform for the rear cargo area. I used 1.5" square tube and welded some mounting tabs to the attach to the rear hold down points. I also welded some tabs to middle crossbar, they attach to some bolt on points where the seats were.I am going to insert some 3/4" wood in between the frame work on front and back so its flush with the top. Now I am contemplating on hinging the front section to access the small area under the platform where the seats were, and how to do it.
Haha looks just like the one I was making last weekend. I was also thinking of adding some sort of cubby under the front panel. With the hump on the floor it's a really odd shape. I'd love to be able to fit a small toolkit in/under there though.

·
トヨタ Master
6,632 Posts
Yea, KO2's. Do you mean load range? Those are C's.
Does that look fixable? Discount Tire won't fix because that chunk of metal is wider than 1/4". Thinking of fixing it myself and keeping as a spare maybe.
A tire repair boot with stem should fix it. Use these all the time.

·
トヨタ Master
6,632 Posts
Yea, KO2's. Do you mean load range? Those are C's.
Kind of. The tread compound is different from Cs to Es. The E's have a thicker and harder compound than Cs. I sell tires so I'm always curious about failures etc.

·
A-Team Moderator
9,436 Posts
Removed the seats last week, and started welding a platform for the rear cargo area. I used 1.5" square tube and welded some mounting tabs to the attach to the rear hold down points. I also welded some tabs to middle crossbar, they attach to some bolt on points where the seats were.I am going to insert some 3/4" wood in between the frame work on front and back so its flush with the top. Now I am contemplating on hinging the front section to access the small area under the platform where the seats were, and how to do it.
View attachment 1121530

From another thread...

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Built myself a rear window adjustable hook. (Modified)

Picked up an aluminum & stainless double threaded 4” hook. Electrical taped off the main body & hook ends, doubled up (2x) black furniture felts as a buffer to keep the hook from falling out/ rumbling while driving.

Figure this will be a nice item to throw on when rolling through the mountains or on the highway out of town.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Plastidipped the rear badges & spare rim. While the spare was pulled, I took a moment and cleaned behind and spray touchup on the wheel mounting bolts that had stated to rust a bit.

Just need some more time & less muck weather to paint out those bumper wings & silver trim 😉

·
Banned
890 Posts
I ran the coax up to the front and tuned the CB. I regretted getting the 48" firestick antenna. Mainly because of the torn meniscus in my knee. Crawling up the back of the FJ to reach up and play with a knob, then crawling back down to see what the meter was telling me, then crawling back up the back and repeat until the hurting outweighed the desire to adjust the knob by 1/8th turns.
CB is in and working and on a CH4x4 switch. Now I just have to figure out where I want the connection to stick out.

45781 - 45800 of 46068 Posts