Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46001 - 46020 of 46059 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I`ve been trying to finish my maintenance for the last two weeks. Its been raining and snowing and its going to keep it up for at least another week. This is getting old. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Added a 3rd party backup camera. Just testing it out today. It is pretty cool! Runs any time you are under 10kms forward, stopped or reverse. So if you are at a red light, you can see how close that *ss is up to your back bumper... ha ha!

Pretty simple install, just tucked the wires into the removable floor & side panels.

About 2-3 hours start to finish.

All sealed up again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
A few spots in the yellow paint of my 2007 have faded out. I finally found some semi-matching rattle can paint to match so I sanded down the bad spots with 600, followed by 2000 grit in preparation for a rattle can coverup as soon as the temps come up enough. I also primed the grill trim so I can turn it from silver to yellow.

Preparing to change the diff and transfer fluids but it’s cold enough that I don’t want to crawl around on the ground, but I have everything needed standing at the ready!

And, finally, I thought about vacuuming the inside. Since my dogs actually own my FJ I’m not sure what good that does. Instead, if I just fully open the passenger window and open the driver window about 3 inches, the venturi effect causes much of the fur to fly out.

And lastly, I removed one older window sticker That I have grown tired of and replaced it with another.

Exhausting

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
A few spots in the yellow paint of my 2007 have faded out. I finally found some semi-matching rattle can paint to match so I sanded down the bad spots with 600, followed by 2000 grit in preparation for a rattle can coverup as soon as the temps come up enough. I also primed the grill trim so I can turn it from silver to yellow.

Preparing to change the diff and transfer fluids but it’s cold enough that I don’t want to crawl around on the ground, but I have everything needed standing at the ready!

And, finally, I thought about vacuuming the inside. Since my dogs actually own my FJ I’m not sure what good that does. Instead, if I just fully open the passenger window and open the driver window about 3 inches, the venturi effect causes much of the fur to fly out.

And lastly, I removed one older window sticker That I have grown tired of and replaced it with another.

Exhausting

I've opened all doors and used a leaf blower to get dog hair out before

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've opened all doors and used a leaf blower to get dog hair out before
That’s good! But it also assumes that my girlfriend would allow me to have a leaf blower, which is not the case. She says they a loud and obnoxious and that if one ever showed up at our house she would perform maintenance on it with a single jack hammer. And she means it.

·
Premium Member
11,919 Posts
Loosely wrap duct tape around your hand - stcky side out
Run the wrap over the fabric and it will pick up everything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please share brand/color. Looking to spray my DIY molle panel inside to match the sun fusion yellow exterior.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Who has a GF who dictates what you can or cannot "have"????
Divorced 2-1/2 times and now been with GF for 11 years, still happy. So that would be me, learning my grownup boy lessons and living a happy, happy, joy, joy life. I could list all of the things she does for me but it might not get through to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please share brand/color. Looking to spray my DIY molle panel inside to match the sun fusion yellow exterior.
Here you go. Near perfect match. I only found this color at Walmart, of course my last effort.
Done. I think a winner!

Only found the color at Walmart, the last place I looked after trying three other colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Well around Black Friday I bought pizza cutters... cool. Then I found a deal on spacers...cool. I liked the look with spacers, but from the back the stock mud flaps looked really dumb / way off from the tire.

Bought some uber cheap small flaps from the local part store. Cut a notch and a hole in each.

After removing the stock flap, I slipped this behind the plastic shield thing and the notch keys into the bottom of the flare. The screw goes though the flare, flap, and into the fender where it was.

Not bad - goal was to protect stuff from shooting up into the bumper cover. Seems to work

More centered on the tires

Up front I decided to take an extra pair of stock flaps and cut just the flap off leaving the body mount covered

·
Registered
596 Posts
Finally disabled the DRLs so my halos work right

DRL Halos:

Headlights on:

I’ve got the halos wired directly to power and the projectors on the headlight signal, so the DRL signal was making the projectors run all the time.

👍🏼 👍🏼

·
Registered
290 Posts
This is what I was told when I asked the same question. But short answer is ayer lifting the vehicle. No need to get an adjustable panhard bar with this.

The goal with the PCK is to do a few things:
1) Raise the roll center
2) Level the pnahard bar at ride height.
3) Correct suspension geometry
4) Retain OEM Panhard Bar

Raising the panhard bar increases the roll center height, which in turn helps reduce the body roll. You also want the panhard bar to be flat/level at ride height, and the reason for this is to keep the axle centered, and keep the side-to-side motion reduced as much as possible as the suspension cycles. You'll feel this mostly in high speed dips on the freeway.

46001 - 46020 of 46059 Posts