Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46061 - 46080 of 46569 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,197 Posts
Dirt...rust...black oxide and underseal...

looks rough but well protected for another year View attachment 1125007
This is on my spring time chore list and from the amount of $%*^ they dropped on the road this year......I'll be under there all weekend.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not yet. Haven`t tried yet either. Weather has been pathetic for weeks now. The fluid in the front diff is still clear so not an emergency to change. I still have to go get a new plug from the dealer. I`ll post up when I finally get to it. :)
AIr chisel will get it right out. Make sure it's sharp. Plug will be scrapped.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Looks nice. What brand of snorkel do you have, and how do you like it?
it’s an off-road garage snorkel from
Kazakhstan. Don’t have any complaints after 3 years other than a PITA to install. Just keep in mind due to the location of the top of the snorkel, your choice in aftermarket roof rack can be limited

·
Registered
13 Posts
it’s an off-road garage snorkel from
Kazakhstan. Don’t have any complaints after 3 years other than a PITA to install. Just keep in mind due to the location of the top of the snorkel, your choice in aftermarket roof rack can be limited
Thanks! I'll look into it. Need something for desert driving. So far I have had no issues without a snorkel (I don't get out west as often as I'd like to play in the sand), but I don't want to keep pressing my luck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Will I prepped and started spraying my fj gloss black from the bottom of headlights down to match the new n-fab bumper I put on the other day.. Forecast was no rainn... As I write this I'm holding a tarp over the front of the truck so it won't blow off because a spring shower popped up

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Will I prepped and started spraying my fj gloss black from the bottom of headlights down to match the new n-fab bumper I put on the other day.. Forecast was no rainn... As I write this I'm holding a tarp over the front of the truck so it won't blow off because a spring shower popped up View attachment 1125223 View attachment 1125224 View attachment 1125225 View attachment 1125226
I feel for you. I live up in the mountains and if the weather says 10 % chance of rain I know I`m getting dumped on. Sometimes they say no rain and I still get rain. Tarps are your friend :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the last few days of quarantine I have installed my new stubby antenna (since my last stubby is somewhere in the woods of upstate NY...), put in some new Headlight Depot parking lights, and finally permanently disabled that pesky TPMS light since I no longer have the sensors. This time at home should be good for something!
IMG-0831.jpg
IMG-0832.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
In the last few days of quarantine I have installed my new stubby antenna (since my last stubby is somewhere in the woods of upstate NY...), put in some new Headlight Depot parking lights, and finally permanently disabled that pesky TPMS light since I no longer have the sensors. This time at home should be good for something! View attachment 1125284 View attachment 1125285
How did you disable TPMS light?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
took my 2012 to the detailer...….I've gotten lazy in retirement.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Picked up a couple backordered doors & was relieved to find they fit pretty good ?

Did a car wash & hand dry the day before. Even though it got a good mist of road gunk, still worth it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
How did you disable TPMS light?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I used this thread as a guide:
how to disable tpms light

The only difference between this and what I actually experienced with my 2014 was that the ignition signal wire was located at A15 instead of A17. Wire colors were still as he describes. Easy fix, could be done in 20 minutes.

46061 - 46080 of 46569 Posts