Premium Member
250 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
I LOVE the silver/grey w/ white...

I vote Gray/White top.
I've always thought a darker gray/silver would look groovy 🤖👍
(says the guy w/ silver FJs :rolleyes:)...
D
Yeah I have a silver FJ also. I like the Darker gray with the white roof also. I`ve been wanting to paint it orange but I think I`m leaning to the gray right now. …..I think :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well almost 2 years ago, I had a set of Bilstien 5100s installed. I put the lock ring on the third notch before taking them to my local shop to install. After the install I thought it looked a bit low but figured it was just my eyes messing with me. A couple of weeks went by(I went out of town), and I needed new front tires on my Mustang, so I bring it back to the shop and they install them, they also manage to halfway rip my front bumper off. I end up getting screwed over by them, and they lose my, my families and everyone I know's business. I'd used them for over 20 years, but they had recently been bought by an a$$hole. Anyway back to the story. When I got home, I was checking things out on my FJ and noticed they had, for some unknown reason, install the Bilstiens on the first notch. This had to be done deliberately because I put them on the 3rd and it's not like they could just move easily. Anyway, I needed to get my tires rotated, balanced and an alignment done, so I found a new shop and they were happy to fix my front struts to where I wanted them. So here are the before

and after

·
Registered
152 Posts
I changed my front gear lube to the good stuff... because
I blew out a cv boot and had to order those fancy red boots cause of the lift.
Of course as I was gently tapping the axle out of the original hub, the bearings failed.
So I had Zack send me another hub from Mid States Off Road.
And replaced a crusty backing plate while stuff was apart.

Stay tuned, next I will be drilling out a couple bolts from the diff skid that decided to break instead of coming out.
Then changing the other inner boot before it blows and grease coats the driver side suspension parts.

Have a great Memorial weekend FJ'ers.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
finished jack compartment today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Installed new cup holder the wife's FJ.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Wrestled the 295/75 R16 KO2s on over the new 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers. It does sit a little higher. Took it for a drive. No binding or rubbing. Seems like they fit!

Also added the Factor 55 ProLink.

The list of things to do is getting shorter, but several more parts have arrived which will let me get great strides forward. Or maybe just baby steps.

46501 - 46520 of 46653 Posts