Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46521 - 46540 of 46642 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Last week @sandFJ90210 came by and I was pretty embarrassed. He asked if i had back seats lol. Maxxine had a bunch of parts and camp equipment stuffed in there since before the stay at home order. So I spent the time vacuuming and organizing the rear.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Last week @sandFJ90210 came by and I was pretty embarrassed. He asked if i had back seats lol. Maxxine had a bunch of parts and camp equipment stuffed in there since before the stay at home order. So I spent the time vacuuming and organizing the rear.
View attachment 1129827
Good idea, I need to get/make something to hold the paper towels and TP. They get pretty ratty looking bouncing around in the back. You most likely made something. :)

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Bungee cord I can do. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,204 Posts
Detaling the interior....well starting on it, a lot of winter crap and crud to clean.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,423 Posts

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Finished right side compartment today

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
I made up
A new storage set up for the back . Since I got the fridge I needed to go to a single drawer set up .

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I still see rust on that axle applying fluid film over rust is not a long term solution.That rust needs to be removed with a wire wheel and hand wire brush for those hard to reach spots. I then would apply Ospho rust nuetrilizer , Eastwood primer, Eastwood black chassis paint and Amsoil heavy duty metal protector. This is my frame maintenance regime that I use and it works. I apply two coats of everything to ensure complete coverage.My .02

Fluid film out of a spray can tends to wash away easily due to the fact those spray cans are 70 % propellents. I swear by Amsoil protect. I'm finding every year that goes by I'm doing less touch up.

There is a Facebook group for rusted FJ frames that people either used the wrong products or they did nothing at all.This is one group you don't want to join.

Rust never sleeps Neil Young

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,108 Posts
I still see rust on that axle applying fluid film over rust is not a long term solution.That rust needs to be removed with a wire wheel and hand wire brush for those hard to reach spots. I then would apply Ospho rust nuetrilizer , Eastwood primer, Eastwood black chassis paint and Amsoil heavy duty metal protector. This is my frame maintenance regime that I use and it works. I apply two coats of everything to ensure complete coverage.My .02

Fluid film out of a spray can tends to wash away easily due to the fact those spray cans are 70 % propellents. I swear by Amsoil protect. I'm finding every year that goes by I'm doing less touch up.

There is a Facebook group for rusted FJ frames that people either used the wrong products or they did nothing at all.This is one group you don't want to join.

I’m curious if you use these products in that order and on all parts of the undercairrage? I’ve used Eastwood Rust Encapsulator which lasts a long time, POR 16 which peels off (admit I didn’t use their proprietary prep), and many other undercoating paints. Last fall I wirebrushed and painted/PORd the frame then had Fluid Film sprayed by hose into the frame holes (and everywhere else). One Vermont winter later and it’s clear I’ll be doing it all again 😤

·
Registered
10 Posts

I wired brushed everything before applying. I DO need to remove the front skid plate and double check under there still. That was the worse area.

46521 - 46540 of 46642 Posts