Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46541 - 46560 of 46889 Posts

·
Banned
178 Posts
Installed a smittybilt x20 winch into the US Offroad bumper mount. Was able to keep my light bar but had to move it forward to clear. Still looks alright. I need to make some adjustments to the mounting bracket to make it sit level in the opening.

In case anyone is wondering, you can reach down behind the grill to actuate the clutch and power switch to the wireless control on the winch

Also dropped and washed the skid plate, did an oil change, and greased the zerks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I finally finished up
Hooking up ARB lockers I wanted to keep a oem look for the switches . Then took it out to test them a little

Attachments

·
トヨタ Master
7,907 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Today, thanks to this post ( LINK ) I was able to unlock the passenger side door without tearing up the door card. The lock cable had been installed improperly (by me) and the cable's plastic sleeve had not been fully clipped into its plastic bracket.

In case this happens again, I removed the three screws holding the door panel insert onto the door card. Now if I ever have a problem, I can just pull off that panel insert and access the cables through the access opening behind the panel. You have to move the insulation pad, but that is easier to replace/repair than a door card.

I also took this picture of the auto transmission heating pad I installed last year. I promised @debFJVT to show her a pic, and as we all know from reading Robert Service poems, "A promise made is a debt unpaid ..." and herewith I may scrawl "paid" across that particular debt.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Flush and filled PSF with 100% synthetic PSF that does not use any petroleum base stock, not even as a carrier oil for the additives and added Magnefine 3/8 filter plus neodymium high temperature magnets because the magnet that Magneafine uses sucks at high temps.

image1 (1).jpeg IMG_4381.jpg image2 (1).jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
3/8 plastic 90 degree connector and 3/8 hose used to flush PSF. Connected 3/8 drain hose to other end of 90 degree 3/8 connector afterwards for storage.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I really wanted to clean the reservoir but, could not disconnect the high pressure PSF intake hose so, just did what I did as posted above.

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
@Nameuser I've heard of others using synthetic PS fluid but no updates on how well it works or not. Please update after a few months as I don't know whether to trust a synthetic base (silicone?) in our PS.

And just a suggestion. Your power steering likes a system that is very direct. The longer the lines, the more work it has to do to move throughout the system, the worse off. I would build a 90° bracket from the area you mounted the magnefine and mount the filter lower (beneath/next to the ac? hard lines) for a direct path.

Good work otherwise.

Keeping it relevant. What did I do.
Not close to finishing

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,135 Posts
Today, thanks to this post ( LINK ) I was able to unlock the passenger side door without tearing up the door card. The lock cable had been installed improperly (by me) and the cable's plastic sleeve had not been fully clipped into its plastic bracket.

In case this happens again, I removed the three screws holding the door panel insert onto the door card. Now if I ever have a problem, I can just pull off that panel insert and access the cables through the access opening behind the panel. You have to move the insulation pad, but that is easier to replace/repair than a door card.

I also took this picture of the auto transmission heating pad I installed last year. I promised @debFJVT to show her a pic, and as we all know from reading Robert Service poems, "A promise made is a debt unpaid ..." and herewith I may scrawl "paid" across that particular debt.

View attachment 1130057
Thanks DB! Might you have a link for this?

46541 - 46560 of 46889 Posts