Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46581 - 46592 of 46592 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
IMG_4059.jpg
Tired of my fire extinguisher rolling around in the back so I made a bar to mount it to. I have my compressor/ammo can and tool box lashed to it for the moment to help free up floor space in the back.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Don't over think it. (y)
You made a good point. It's my fault for not using stock size tires and overheating the OE fluid. There's not an easy answer (or so I thought) to whether all these aftermarket fluids are okay without further diving in and many times they just say Asian vehicles allowed and no mention of Dex-II/III classification.

I wasn't lol.. skimmed through it and sounds like the good stuff. 700° is absolutely nuts gu . I don't know if it's just internet myths or heresy but I was always worried about screwing up my system with an aftermarket PS fluid because many of them don't list their composition on the bottle. And like you, I was in search of an improved system over the OEM that has no filter or cooler. And my fluid was burnt/caked in the reservoir also.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
I hate to be that guy 🤦‍♂️ But i am going to be that guy . just so i understand this . So what ever swamp water Toyota Puts in from the factory and can last 100s of thousands of Miles . is now inferior and we need Filters, Magnets to catch what the filter does not catch. Coolers to cool the filtered and strained Fluid . and Now we need some Aero space super fluid so we do not boil our steering swamp water ? And you are saying this because the upgraded contact patch of your tire vs a oe tire ?

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Have you calculated how many additional ft lbs of pressure it takes to move your new Tires vs OE ? and How many degrees each additional ft lb raises the temp ?

·
Registered
2013 FJ OD Manual
116 Posts
I'm going to visit this again today after work.
I will be installing my OEM sliders this weekend, purchased on the forum, bought some N-Fab steps, a little refinishing and away I go with my first functional mod. Removed the running boards as I couldn't see any functional use as I'm tall enough to step in.
20200527_180348.jpg

46581 - 46592 of 46592 Posts