Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46621 - 46639 of 46639 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hoping to finish the ARB drawer install today. Decided to make a plywood base and secure to the floor using factory mounting points. Took quite a bit of fitting and leveling to get it right. Used sound deadener on bottom and outdoor carpet on top. I’m going to finish the carpet off and put everything back together after the contact cement dries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Trail Teams
25 Posts
I replaced my stock rock rails with running boards. I live in Florida and had these heavy duty original rock rails that protect me from all those big boulders (None) in Florida but can’t protect me from the idiots dinging my doors in a parking lot!! I had a plan to add washers and longer bolts and extend the rails out for something to step on and also provide protection from door dings but could not get it to work the way I liked.
When I took the original rock rails off I realized they weighed about 40 pounds each, very substantial but I’m not sure it helped my gas mileage. I looked and looked and could not find anything that I liked for under $400 then I found some tyger running boards. They have a great look and finish and are substantial. The rails have the company name and some stars built-in to the running boards, I like basic but they are
not too over the top Purchased them for about $300. The packing they come in was the best I have ever seen and great quality. One tip I found was to use the Styrofoam blocks in the box to put under while taking off my old rails and installing the new rails as I did it with one person.

Regards, Andy

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Changed engine oil and filter.
I discovered two things. First is that the drain pan/ container is cracked on the bottom. 1/2 quart of used oil on the driveway

second is that there’s a missing socket in my 3/8” drive metric set. Can you guess what size it is?

ADCE3E1B-39E7-4827-A40F-D538A71165DE.jpeg

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
@rotorhed1 It is the 10mm. I have four extra 10mm and four extra 12mm. I still can't find them.

This morning, I went out for coffee and donuts. After I came home I did some other stuff and noticed my brand new right rear tire was almost on the rim. Has a metal object about 2" wide so deep in the tread that it barely wiggles. Air is streaming out of that hole like a high wind in a Kansas trailer park. So that is what I did today. I discovered my next project.

·
Registered
2013 Trail Teams
25 Posts
Cleaned and did some rust prevention on the rear bumper frame. Also, trimmed the rear bumper cover successfully (success = walking away with all my fingers).

When I added my trailer hitch I had to pull the bumper off and when I did I replaced the attachments at the bumper and inside floor screws with stainless steel. I believe you can get stainless steel in black may look better. I think it gives a cleaner look.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got a free driver side door lock actuator because the junkyard had broken it pulling it out of a wreck when I was there to pick up it and a shifter assembly. I was able to separate it and my broken one, fill in the missing pieces, mate the two sides together from the diff cases, and successfully reinstall. Damn. Can’t believe that worked.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
New drawer is in (finally)!
Sweet! How did you end up dealing with the two mounts at the front sitting up above the deck in the end?

(if you were to post a "how to" thread, I promise I would shamelessly rip off your install)

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
added some light to the wife FJ

Attachments

46621 - 46639 of 46639 Posts