Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46641 - 46660 of 46847 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Got the Hayden 699 Bypass Trans Cooler installed today. Also had them do a service on it, had about 30K since the last service. Tech said the fluid looked new.

No pics today, later. Shop did a great job on the install, no shortcuts. Lines dressed and routed nicely. Proper hose fittings, not just cut the metal line and clamp.

This week I'll take a hard run up Mt Hood to check temps. I have the temps for several runs recorded.

One improvement was the Raptor Tune. Shifting. Trans stayed locked up longer in 4th. Kept temps down. I'll just put it in 5th and cruise and let it do its thing, that's where I got the highest temp one time.. 230-240 ish on a cold day before Raptor. 3 people, mostly full tank and a pretty normal load. One 5 gal jerry can with gas. Jade weighed about 5,500 lbs at the time.

Now I can get the Ricochet Skids installed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sweet! How did you end up dealing with the two mounts at the front sitting up above the deck in the end?

(if you were to post a "how to" thread, I promise I would shamelessly rip off your install)
@mir207 I finished the “how to” article up this evening. Wish I would have taken a couple more pictures throughout the process, but the basics are there. Good luck with your install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Cleaned the windows, and loaded up some gear for tomorrow. Heading north after seeing my doc. That's if she doesn't detain me.:eek:

Going to the Silverton area. I was thinking of going up Mineral Creek toward Clear Lake. Now I'm thinking the road to Ophir Pass. I just want to do some photography and play in the snow with my dog.

46641 - 46660 of 46847 Posts