Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46821 - 46840 of 46854 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Installed some 3.5” speakers in the rear pillars. Wiring harness was easily accessible. Didn’t want to wait for some new grilles so I made my own out of the plastic covers by drilling a million holes in it with various sized bits. Cut a black dress sock in half and stretched it over. The tabs hold it perfectly. Sounds way better.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have lux rock lights. the control box is junk and there customer service is worse than the control box . But the lights are nice .
That’s what I heard too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Continued along my take plastic crap off journey today! Removed the front and rear silver bumper trim pieces then reshaped and relocated my license plate down as it was blocking air flow and It will now Serve double duty as the worlds smallest skid plate! Also, was hearing a popping while driving into drive ways. Turned out I had sheared the top left rear sway bar bracket bolt and bent the mount 90 degrees, likely while test flexing the other day. In the spirit of the take crap off campaign, remove the rear sway bar. Test drove it at highway speed with a strong cross wind and coming in hot into turns. No noticeable increase in body roll or handling. Looking forward to seeing how much more she can do with more flex in the rear! Cheers, happy Sunday

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Adjusted the Hypertech speedo calibrator finally. Been installed forever now but was lazy to pull the dash storage and fire up the lap top. I was 9mph off previously. Now the speedo and HUD (reads ECU, but converts signal and 1-2mph slow refresh) are spot on with GPS and radar sign.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
The last set of skids (front lower LCA) from RCI finally re-installed. I had all my skids removed a few months back. And during those times, my rig runs quietly like brand new. So, I learned what noise/s is/are attributed to underbody skids.

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

·
Registered
2007 FJ Cruiser 4WD
62 Posts
Continued along my take plastic crap off journey today! Removed the front and rear silver bumper trim pieces then reshaped and relocated my license plate down as it was blocking air flow and It will now Serve double duty as the worlds smallest skid plate! Also, was hearing a popping while driving into drive ways. Turned out I had sheared the top left rear sway bar bracket bolt and bent the mount 90 degrees, likely while test flexing the other day. In the spirit of the take crap off campaign, remove the rear sway bar. Test drove it at highway speed with a strong cross wind and coming in hot into turns. No noticeable increase in body roll or handling. Looking forward to seeing how much more she can do with more flex in the rear! Cheers, happy Sunday View attachment 1133141 View attachment 1133144
Are you gonna pop something into those front bumper wing indents? Here's what I ended up doing:

20200314_193911.jpg 20200314_193935.jpg 20200314_203002.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,301 Posts
Installed some 3.5” speakers in the rear pillars. Wiring harness was easily accessible. Didn’t want to wait for some new grilles so I made my own out of the plastic covers by drilling a million holes in it with various sized bits. Cut a black dress sock in half and stretched it over. The tabs hold it perfectly. Sounds way better.
View attachment 1133060 View attachment 1133061
Black dress sock - Genius!

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
136 Posts
View attachment 1133060 View attachment 1133061
The last set of skids (front lower LCA) from RCI finally re-installed. I had all my skids removed a few months back. And during those times, my rig runs quietly like brand new. So, I learned what noise/s is/are attributed to underbody skids.

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr
Looks great ! I will be doing mine soon. I wonder how many bolts / sockets I will find LOL I like the TRD in red, it should come standard but I think I can buy the stickers.

Regards, Andy

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

46821 - 46840 of 46854 Posts