Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46881 - 46900 of 47070 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
162 Posts
There are posts where there is a way to remove the inside bulb coverings (Part of the light frame) to have a more dramatic look. Sorry but I could not find it. The people that have done it say it is worth the effort. I plan to do it at some point.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think they have small home sand blasting units. Has anyone tried them for rust in the bigger safer areas? I thought about making some wood or metal shields to protect the more vulnerable parts. It could be a waste of time or cause a bigger mess just wondering if anybody else has tried it yet?

The condom may have been from a Jeep.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><
Not from a Jeep 😜 For a Jeep.. now think F...J...'s

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I use an older GOPRO I had and I use it for my daily driver. I was told there is a way to set up front and rear cameras but that is outside of my budget. The one thing I wish I had was a way to swivel side to side if needed does your's do that? Does your camera go in a loop and write over the old recording when it is full? What brand? (BlackVue) I will upgrade at some point. Thanks in advance for the info.

Regards, Andy

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
286 Posts
a way to swivel side to side if needed does your's do that? Does your camera go in a loop and write over the old recording when it is full? What brand? (BlackVue)
No, but it can be turned upside down and you can flip the video orientation in the app.
Yes. I think it saves events and locks them from being overwritten. I really wanted to use a system made for fleets and rigs and have multiple cameras on my roof, but the cost isn't where I need it to be for something like that. For now the 2 channel is good enough for me. I'll likely end up building a 4 channel dvr system with a cloud setup like I've always wanted. I can justify the cost to protect my investments and safety.
Screenshot_20200706-191655_BlackVue.jpg
Screenshot_20200706-181856_BlackVue.jpg

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Thx I thought about leaving mine on when I am camping and away from my site. It would be cool to set it up with a motion detector to come on automatically.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
2013 FJ OD Manual
248 Posts
Replaced front turn signal bulbs with Led bulbs from DD, rear bulbs will take a bit more time & the flasher will take someone other than my old stiff & soar body to install!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Took off the silver front and rear bumper wings. Seems like the more plastic I remove the better she looks!
View attachment 1133087 View attachment 1133088
Painted the grille bezel white, looked great but had some runs so sanded it down and plan to repaint Tomorrow. While staring at the open front end and naked lights decided to try the grille without the bezel and I kind of like it! I know this is probably taboo since I haven’t seen it done. View attachment 1133861 View attachment 1133861

·
Registered
286 Posts
Painted the grille bezel white
Mine needs another coat or two in one spot it was to hot to redo it so I called it a day and clear coated. Really think they should have been white factory

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had a $70 magnaflow 2.5” muffler swapped into the stock 2.5” exhaust Pipe for $90. No noticeable difference in sound at idle, slightly louder under normal driving, no droning at highway speeds but substantially louder when rapidly accelerating! I imagine the TRD cat back sounds similar.

46881 - 46900 of 47070 Posts