Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

46981 - 47000 of 47111 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Always wanted my white cluster to match the amber lights. Managed to turn the dials the needles sit on while wiping everything down with a microfiber so if anyone knows how to properly recalibrate them that would be great :cautious:
20200724_192032.jpg

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Monchings FJ did not look like it even got dust on it :unsure: Monching was doing something right because we have video of his Pass side door getting pushed in :oops:. Only to pop right out as soon as he cleared the rock 😄. No Matter what anyone ever says Monching You Ran Fordyce and the Rubicon in your TTUE and you did great 👍
Thanks, and of course with all your help and my instant spotter daughter Hannah.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Always wanted my white cluster to match the amber lights. Managed to turn the dials the needles sit on while wiping everything down with a microfiber. So if anyones knows how to properly recalibrate them that would be great :cautious: View attachment 1135245
@PatriotFJ Where did you get the cluster w/ambers from? That looks really nice. I'm trying to get the amber look there too

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally got these on. 1st round of spray painting did NOT go as planned. Had to sand down and I’m still not happy with final product but whatevs. Happy to have these “all-pro” kickout sliders.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
With help from the forum and the YouTube Technical Institute, I pulled off my back bumper plastic, wire brushed the rust, washed the affected area, and left it in the sun to dry. Rust reformer tomorrow, paint the next day, and Fluid Film the day after that 👍🏼

Also did some mold and mildew clean up. This might be a PNW thing, but I noticed the other day that I had green stuff growing in the door jam above the rear window 😳. I scrubbed it clean and treated it with some stuff I bought on Amazon that’s supposed to keep it from coming back. We’ll see how that goes

Lastly, I finished that scuba mod I started last month. 👍🏼

View attachment 1134874
Awesome! Do you happen to have a parts list or nah?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ah man, didn't mean for you to have to do all that. I've been wanting to do front & rear. Pretty sure I know I need 1/4" ID is about all so far. Kinda wondering where the Unions and Breathers are coming from...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I pulled the CV and replaced the boots. My god what a mess haha. I wrestled with it trying to pop it out of the diff for a good hour, but finally got it.

Hopefully, these boots last a while because dealing with all that runny grease sucked.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mini-shovel zipped-tied nicely to the back of the back seat and surprisingly doesn’t make any noise! Figured out a way to strap down the ice chest where it is secured and accessible. Shoved some essentials into the rear storage compartments. A tow strap, gorilla tape, paper towels, wipes, sanitizer, first aid kit, flash light and tire repair kit all fit! Ordered a 400p Viair kit, and joined my local Off-road Association. Researching trails and developing a list. Heading to the Sierras next weekend and planning on Hitting Corral Hollow, sour grass and possibly deer valley followed by the Old Coast Road above Big Sur the following. Will have our travel trailer at a near by base camp so keeping it to just the recovery gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd like to hear some feedback on this when you get a chance to put some miles on it! It looks great!
Just rounded 500 miles, all highway. Waiting to get 1K for a tune-up and torque it all down. Then it's off road time! I can already tell that the ride is better, but I had been riding on some cranky old stock springs for awhile, so just about anything would have been an improvement. I have a trip to Big Bend planned this fall, and hope to get some off road time to try them out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I remember when I installed my lift. I said I was going to run the stock tires until they wore out....Yeah right they looked so small I had bigger tires in just a couple days. :)
My biggest decision now is what size tires? I'm leaning toward 275's: I'm not sure if 285's buy me enough pros to offset the cons.

46981 - 47000 of 47111 Posts