Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

47041 - 47052 of 47052 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed a new Voswitch relay box on top of the under hood fuse box and installed the new switch bank on the driver side vent panel.

The switch bank is meant to be mounted horizontally but I decided to flip it vertically for a better fit in the vent panel. The stick on markers for the backlit switches go on either way! The red backlight dimmed one step down looks like the factory orangish red OEM dash back lights!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed a Greyman Tactical dash panel. Not sure i like the bolt choice. May have to revisit this. Also started pulling off the pinstripes that I never really paid attention too. Got one side finished but still need to do other and clean up the glue. Finally repainted my Toyota logo on the grill. The old black just didn't pop.
View attachment 1135908 View attachment 1135909 View attachment 1135910 View attachment 1135911
Is this an actual dash kit or did you modify it to fit this area? Any issues with the airbag? I could only imagine the imprints left on my passengers face if the airbags deploy!

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
Is this an actual dash kit or did you modify it to fit this area? Any issues with the airbag? I could only imagine the imprints left on my passengers face if the airbags deploy!
the passenger airbag, deploys from the top of the dash, not the vertical face panel...
cheers
Baz

·
Registered
167 Posts
New front pads, sway bar end links and transmission cooler. Cooler is relatively small but at highway speeds on a 80 degree day still dropped the temp on my Scangauge by 20-30 degrees give or take depending on incline, speed, etc.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,561 Posts
OEM bottle jack enhancement.
  • Hi lift jack base off amazon.
  • 1.5” rubber chair tip.
  • Jack adaptor from land cruiser products
Makes all the difference in the world!
That’s brilliant! Totally going to have to steal that!

·
Premium Member
11,038 Posts
Had my FJ for 6 years, never knew that! Thank you.
FYI

cheers
Baz

·
Registered
965 Posts
What a daunting task. Just need another couple hours to have the valve cover, front cover and cylinder head.

All peripheral parts removed.

View attachment 1136075
Was your tensioner showing chain stretch? Last time I looked at mine it barely moved and that's with 10+ years of hard hooning. I figure it'll eat a head gasket or spin a bearing before the chain has an issue at this point.

·
Premium Member
12,390 Posts
Pulled off the engine cover and started to clean and detail the bits and pieces underneath.

47041 - 47052 of 47052 Posts