Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

47081 - 47086 of 47086 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mentioned a couple weeks ago that my makita compressor wasn't keeping up with my die grinder. I got an old 220v 1951 kellog 321 motor compressor for a good price and just wired up 220 for it today. Back in business redoing my frame!
20200806_174502.jpg
20200806_174511.jpg

·
Registered
2010 FJ - SB M1 Bumper | SB XRC Winch | Rancho RS 5000s
28 Posts
Pedal Commander, makes a big difference, however was on a dirt drive way and was in sport plus, and just touching the pedal it spun the tires. It's great for on road, but really haven't tried it off road. View attachment 1136359
Installed one a couple of weeks ago. Using standard city mode was great off road. Then I went out with the dogs, I had to turn it off 'cause they were getting jerked around by the quick response.

·
Premium Member
12,409 Posts
Nice! No school like old school.

Reactions: PatriotFJ

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
I took a trailer load to the dump. Hooking up the wiring the ground pin on the FJ side broke off. No problem, I have the parts, I'll just splice in a new connector. Trying to remove the bracket the bolt sheared. So I take the bracket off that mounts to the frame. I break out the die grinder and a carbide bit and remove the welded on nut. I want to put the same size back on so as to not have one oddball bolt in the mix. So I remove the bolt from the other side. Guess what happened. Yep, that one sheared off too. So I had to work on it too.

I had the correct hardware so I tack weld new nuts on. But of course I got blinded as my auto darkening welding helmet didn't. Dead battery. I used my standard helmet.

The wiring went well, nice and pretty. I'm waiting for the paint to dry on the brackets, and will finish over the weekend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took a trailer load to the dump. Hooking up the wiring the ground pin on the FJ side broke off. No problem, I have the parts, I'll just splice in a new connector. Trying to remove the bracket the bolt sheared. So I take the bracket off that mounts to the frame. I break out the die grinder and a carbide bit and remove the welded on nut. I want to put the same size back on so as to not have one oddball bolt in the mix. So I remove the bolt from the other side. Guess what happened. Yep, that one sheared off too. So I had to work on it too.

I had the correct hardware so I tack weld new nuts on. But of course I got blinded as my auto darkening welding helmet didn't. Dead battery. I used my standard helmet.

The wiring went well, nice and pretty. I'm waiting for the paint to dry on the brackets, and will finish over the weekend.
I have days just like that, a successful day is one I end with the same amount of digits I stated with, no fires, and hopefully forward progress was made.

47081 - 47086 of 47086 Posts