47241 - 47260 of 47315 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
8,458 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Silver 4x4.
8 Posts
Can I ask how much you paid for the rust service? I’m about to take mine in to be descaled and treated. Without a lift and the time I’m willing to pay for this job. Once.
$1600 but they also installed the fog lights and skid plates at the same time. Labor for the scrape was like three hours for mine.

i live in a Kansas City suburb to contextualize it, labor here is $100-$125/hr

you’re probably in for at least$800-$900 and then it depends how much labor is where you live and how much prep you’ll need

·
Registered
66 Posts
Finished off my rear storage wall by Refined Cycle, added a larger Molle style bag, found that a pilots helmet bag fit almost perfect (Hangs a little over, maybe an inch or two)
C3D244F6-92C8-42F2-8455-BBF889C19AC4.jpeg
85726C74-3653-4998-9DCB-6FF599804480.jpeg
in the wasted area above the wheel well. This bag is big enough for all my tools and air hose with room to spare. Also installed the fire extinguisher and flashlight with the quick fist mounts.

·
Premium Member
11,055 Posts
Finished off my rear storage wall by Refined Cycle, added a larger Molle style bag, found that a pilots helmet bag fit almost perfect (Hangs a little over, maybe an inch or two) View attachment 1138588 View attachment 1138589 in the wasted area above the wheel well. This bag is big enough for all my tools and air hose with room to spare. Also installed the fire extinguisher and flashlight with the quick fist mounts.
Just a thought, but the fire extinguisher might be better closer to the door and the pilot bag ..back a bit.... in an emergency ... I'd want to be grabbing the extinguisher quicker and easier .... but thats just me being an slow old fart...
cheers
Baz

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Just a thought, but the fire extinguisher might be better closer to the door and the pilot bag ..back a bit.... in an emergency ... I'd want to be grabbing the extinguisher quicker and easier .... but thats just me being an slow old fart...
cheers
Baz
That's been my thought for a while now. How hard would that be to get to in an emergency?

Should have used the quick fist instead of the mount that came with the extinguisher. Its never come loose in 3+ years, but the quick fist looks better @LoganFJ2011

IMG_0866.JPG

Reactions: FJQueue and bazross

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's been my thought for a while now. How hard would that be to get to in an emergency? Should have used the quick fist instead of the mount that came with the extinguisher.

View attachment 1138592
I thought about it, the quick fist makes it pretty easy to get outta there. I’m also 6’3 with long arms, reaching it pretty quickly wasn’t an issue. Now if my 5’1 wife needs to get to it, she’ll have to climb in the cargo area to get it out... Hope that’s not necessary...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well I was a good boy and washed & waxed my iceberg looks great. Then I took it in for a oil change with a question can they check drivers side wheel bearing. I had been hearing a rumble but wasn't sure so when I got the call what I did was cussed out my fj lol both front wheel bearing were going out drivers side was worse than the passenger side.
After some negotiations I got both done along with oil change. Total cost 1,308 otd.
I still can't believe that both were bad but they took me back and showed me. Sad part is my rig only has 67k on it and is a 2010. Hopefully these will last a little longer.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Not really to, more like for..
-Repaired dinged trans pan mounting surface
-ultra sonic cleaned a bunch of bolts and bits
-Modified additional tensioner for the supercharger belt
-replaced Shift knobs. 60g vs 400g (.8lbs!) This is one of those times I miss a manual trans.
20200903_071418-02.jpeg 20200904_052408-01.jpeg 20200901_082727-01.jpeg collagemaker_20209453932148.jpg

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Fixed a rattle that was coming from somewhere in the cargo area.
I removed the rear door trim panel (interior) and found a plastic piece with wiring was loose on the metal tab that it slides on to.
I put a dab of RTV on the tab and slid the part back on.

·
トヨタ Master
8,458 Posts
I was going to detail mine but didn't really want to. Then I remembered that I have a niece that runs a detail shop in Cheyenne. Said she'd be glad to come over and do it for me next weekend. (y)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Today I installed Rokmen Professional Series lower links after bending my OEM links on my last wheeling trip. Took my daughter and I about 2 hours. I really like the build quality. Really heavy duty.We will see how well they hold up.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
SQUEEZED her thru some trees
The "go" tree
20200902_151658.jpg

The "no go" tree

47241 - 47260 of 47315 Posts