Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

47261 - 47280 of 47315 Posts

·
Desert Moderator
6,932 Posts
Cube lights in the stock lower grille. Chi4x4 switch in the panel to left of steering column. Used factory firewall passthrough. Marine fuse box for future additions.

Sent from my S5 Pro using Tapatalk
No relays?
Those switches can't carry much current...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
A little closer
@PhoS should have listened when you mentioned pull the motor. I'm sure I pulled many things in my back instead.
I just slipped a disc from your picture. o_O

Half way there though, you sending those heads in for refresh? (Skim, valve clearance, etc) Looks like that corn gas you guys get down there left some kernel dust. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
you sending those heads in for refresh? (Skim, valve clearance, etc)
Yup. Just the bare minimum. Way past my budget with all the boosty plans. Once I have more garage space, I'd rather pick up a spare 1GR to build out.

Skipped on the valve adjustment. It was running fine before. I don't foresee an issue. I wanted to change the valve stem seals but I left the cams and caps at home. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I pulled it out of the shop today and warmed the engine up to operating temp. Realized I only put 900 hundred miles in a years time. For a 07’ with less than 118k not to bad. New everything!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I pulled it out of the shop today and warmed the engine up to operating temp. Realized I only put 900 hundred miles in a years time. For a 07’ with less than 118k not to bad. New everything!
I was just trying to find you yesterday 😁😁 I need to ask you a question about your lift

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
Warmed her up, ride down to the tractor shop for coffee.

2019 first year under 15K miles. Doubt I'll get 5K this year :(

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I was just trying to find you yesterday 😁😁 I need to ask you a question about your lift
I haven’t been around for some time...finally reset email and passwords after getting things figured out. What can I help you with?

Reactions: ZerosFJ

·
Registered
117 Posts
I haven’t been around for some time...finally reset email and passwords after getting things figured out. What can I help you with?
didn't you have a 6 inch lift with 3 inch level / spacer combined if so are you still running this I kinda got a deal on 40s and just wanted a bit more clearance

·
Registered
2012 Silver 4x4.
8 Posts
Can I ask how much you paid for the rust service? I’m about to take mine in to be descaled and treated. Without a lift and the time I’m willing to pay for this job. Once.
Some more insight for context on price - I just had my 2020 Tacoma done so obviously there was no prep needed & the cost was $780 which also included the labor for them to install an aluminum skid plate & discard the steel one it came with.

·
Registered
2013 FJ OD Manual
294 Posts
Had to replace the tire pressure sensors at Schwab today.
I wasn't up to the hack noted in forum to kill light! 👽

·
Desert Moderator
6,932 Posts
Yesterday. Properly mounted my solar panel & light bar.
The wiring from the panel ack to the charge controller is still temporary, but a lot tidier than it was.
This rack setup is temporary - it's a chinesium copy of an OEM rack, it's doing OK, but I'm waiting for ARB to release the FJ mounting kit for their new rack system. Then I have to ask myself if I really need the new rack if this one is working OK...
I guess the benefit of having a rack that you don't care about is that you don't hesitate drilling holes in it to properly mount your stuff :)
next up is to modify how the maxtrax, shovel and jack base are mounted. The sun & heat kills even the best zip ties in no time at all. Aluminum & stainless steel is the only way to go, and no wiring exposed to light.

Yes the panel needs the dust wiped off it. That is a never ending battle that any desert dweller can relate to.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bought a new battery. The previous Autozone 27F-DLG lasted 4yrs and 9 months. Not great but about average for a cheap battery.

Replaced it with another inexpensive battery (for AGM) but this time it’s an EverStart AGM battery. It appears to be identical to the Autozone Platinum Duralast AGM, even has the same case however it’s at minimum $30 cheaper and has a 4yr warranty vs 3 year at Autozone. Guess time will tell how this one holds up.

Reactions: huc and Lee44

·
Desert Moderator
6,932 Posts
Cleaned the fridge out and aired it out.
There was a fair amount of condensation pooling in the bottom, and a couple of jelly babies had fallen to the bottom and semi-dissolved...
Didn't smell bad, but with these things, that's only a matter of time...
I'll restock it this evening and let it take its time to cool down again.
What temp does everyone run their fridge at?

·
トヨタ Master
8,458 Posts
next up is to modify how the maxtrax, shovel and jack base are mounted.
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen another FJ with the WP jack and shovel/axe mount that I use. I rarely need those two items and I've never had an issue with the mounts. Biggest problem would be if you have a low garage door height. Occasionally I snag a tree branch with the Hi-Lift but that's easily solvable.

Reactions: amaclach and Lee44

·
トヨタ Master
8,458 Posts
Cleaned the fridge out and aired it out.
There was a fair amount of condensation pooling in the bottom, and a couple of jelly babies had fallen to the bottom and semi-dissolved...
Didn't smell bad, but with these things, that's only a matter of time...
I'll restock it this evening and let it take its time to cool down again.
What temp does everyone run their fridge at?
Did the same yesterday. I thought the Mrs had cleaned it out in July when we returned from the cabin. Nope! busted beer can and mold growing in the bottom. Cool little science experiment though! I run mine at 33*F unless I need to have the big compartment frozen, then I shoot for 0*F.

Reactions: amaclach
47261 - 47280 of 47315 Posts