Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

47361 - 47380 of 47463 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
So behind on the fj, but I'm finally getting around to doing everything. I've heard people complain about the eccentric bolts now I know why!! Mother lover I went through so many blades I wouldn't do it again without cutting oil. Frames next I need a garage heater to do the paint now. Rear calipers froze and right front sway bar link. View attachment 1141121
That’s a helluva breaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fluid filmed the undercarriage in preparation for winter. Rust is not really a issue in the pacific northwest but better safe then sorry. Planning to replace the spark plugs tomorrow. 😁 be safe and enjoy everyday.

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
7,155 Posts
Not putting it back together till I get everything painted. Using a gallon of anti seize and the superpro control arms
I have the superpro bushes top & bottom - they're great. No squeak :)

·
Desert Moderator
7,155 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
What brand failed?

Excellent question. Answer: I don't know. Whatever the alignment shop put in the last time. In the last 12-13 moons I've driven it up the Haul Road to the Yukon River, across the Denali HiWay a couple of times, and through two or three fires. In other words, lots of dirty driving. I suppose I should not be surprised, but I am.

·
トヨタ Master
9,242 Posts
Excellent question. Answer: I don't know. Whatever the alignment shop put in the last time. In the last 12-13 moons I've driven it up the Haul Road to the Yukon River, across the Denali HiWay a couple of times, and through two or three fires. In other words, lots of dirty driving. I suppose I should not be surprised, but I am.
Let me know how long the Moogs last driving in those conditions. This is really good feedback, especially for us in the business. (y)
I haven't had to warranty any Moogs yet and often use OE Toyota also. Toyotas warranty is not good but the parts don't fail quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just finished the Spark plugs. Glade I did it too the last owner really let them go way too long. They are the original plugs and the FJ has 170000 miles. 🤯. Crazy Took it for a road test after the new plugs and she is running great. Before replacing these I checked the PCV valve and it was completely stuck open and oil was in the vent hose. So I know this thing had been drinking some oil. I found a couple of the old plugs had a very small amount of oil only on the threads it truly was a very small amount. Not sure if the open PCV valve would explain that or not. Any thoughts? Thanks all have a great week 👋

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
@MicrowaveOven that looks factory! I did mine but with a generic kit so the spokes not covered, is this a specific kit for the FJ for anyone interested?
Yes I’ve seen those wraps that don’t cover the wheel, no clue how they charge close to $100 for that solution. Btw, this is much better than factory wheel as far as leather feel goes, this is a nappa style, so very soft with good grip, easy to clean, etc.

My wife is having me do one with a “wasabi” green accent color for her 2020 Venture

I’m thinking about offering this up as a service if people want theirs done, I’ve done a bunch of these for BMW’s over the years. Learning curve isn’t bad if you want to do your own and know how to sew, don’t have fat fingers etc, otherwise it will be very frustrating.

47361 - 47380 of 47463 Posts